[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in freshman calculus class >professor starts bragging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ihHQvP1.jpg (268KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
ihHQvP1.jpg
268KB, 2448x3264px
>in freshman calculus class
>professor starts bragging about course being the toughest freshman course in the country
>goes on to say it's because course is closer to an introduction to real analysis than actually being calculus, due to the courses rigor and proofbased nature
>says next he will provide historical evidence for the need of rigor in calculus
>prefaces his introduction to the history by apologising for all of the mathematicians mentioned being white males
>he claims this is due to the society at the time only allowing white males
>continues and says this should be ignored and that it is obvious both genders and all races can do abstract math of an equal level
>raise hand and ask question of whether the course will include a "rigorous proof" of his previous statement, considering that is the courses aim
>says he doesn't understand the question

wtf how are academics allowed to do this? he just went against his very own standards for the course, he should of been laughed out of the room. academics shouldn't have the power to push their dubious politics, they should provide us with a solely content related course.

Pic given for ironic appreciation
>>
>>8693192
It's analytic geometry.
>>
one of the laziest and shittiest posts all day. end your life
>>
>>8693192
1/10 try better next time
>>
>>8693192
>raise hand
>are you going to lecture us on your political views, or are you going to lecture us on calculus, because I looked at the course syllabus and I didn't see anything about politics on there, are we in the right class?
>>
An old guy old school math professor isn't going to give one lovely shit about modern SJW shit lol

these are mutually exclusive properties
>>
>raise hand
>hi professor, I know you are trying to be nice to everyone, but discussion like this is pedantic. I worked for 5 years to be able to pay for every minute of this course, and all of my other ones, and I think I speak for more than just myself when I am asking you respectfully to refrain from political or other tangents in the course. not everyone in here is a CNN pundit who's going to rip your head off for not jumping through the political correctness hoops
>>
>>8693192
>Several minutes tick by in silence, after 15 minutes I get up from my seat, approach the professor and punch him in the face knocking him off the platform and out cold.
>I simply go back to my seat.
>The professor comes to, visibly shaken and asks me, "What the heck did you do that for?!"
>i say "God was busy protecting America's military who are out protecting your right to say stupid shit like that, so he sent me to fill in."
>>
>>8693253
id shoot whoever said something like this. just because everyone shuts their yaps when the professor says something retarded doesnt mean its the wrong response to the situation
>>
>>8693260
shut up, Hillary Clinton
>>
>>8693282
OK feel free to counter your professors political tangent with your own political tangent instead of just learning to shut the fuck up like an adult child
>>
None of the replies in this thread really responded to the OP.
>>
>>8693295
must be your first day on 9chan
>>
I'll humor you OP, even though you already know that universities are run by liberal retards who agree with what the professor says.
I think the story is funny, but it really doesn't provide much to talk about.
>Professor says stupid shit.
>Somebody objects.
>haha's are had.
>Because liberals.
>Focus on the math, pass the class. Avoid SJW bullshit in the class.
>>
>>8693192
>wtf how are academics allowed to do this?
I dont know.

I hate if professors bring up politics, it is fucking infuriating I want to learn mathematics and not hear his shitty opinion about things he has no clue about.

Thankfully I live in a country where universities are taken serious and professors can keep there mouth shut about things that no body cares about.

>>8693253
You are a FUCING WHITE MALE!
>>
>>8693192
>prof starts talking about how his friend can't go to conferences because of trumps travel ban.
>his friend doesn't live in one of the countries that are being banned
>>
>>8693192
0.5/20
>>
File: 1471142351303.jpg (8KB, 274x283px) Image search: [Google]
1471142351303.jpg
8KB, 274x283px
>>8693192
>>prefaces his introduction to the history by apologising for all of the mathematicians mentioned being white males
>>he claims this is due to the society at the time only allowing white males
>>continues and says this should be ignored and that it is obvious both genders and all races can do abstract math of an equal level
>>
>>8693192
>>8693534
I don't get the problem here. Is it the fact the professor is saying something obvious?
>>
>>8693192
>>continues and says this should be ignored and that it is obvious both genders and all races can do abstract math of an equal level
>>raise hand and ask question of whether the course will include a "rigorous proof" of his previous statement, considering that is the courses aim
The proof is trivial and it's left as an exercise for the reader.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.