[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Number of times a sheet of paper can be folded = infinite Number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
Number of times a sheet of paper can be folded = infinite
Number of possible shapes in the universe = infinite

This means a sheet of paper can be folded to create any shape in the universe.

Anyone wanna collaborate with me in publishing a paper for a peer-reviewed journal?
>>
should we call them manyfolds?
>>
>>8691313
It's structural limitations wouldn't allow you to fold it into all the infinite shapes in the universe.
>>
File: origami.gif (88KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
origami.gif
88KB, 600x848px
>>8691617
Well, not all at once, no.
>>
Dumbass, you can't fold anything because atoms don't want to be near eachother.
>>
>>8691632
If atoms are anything like my tsundere anime characters then all it takes to loosen up and get along with each other is a little affection.
>>
>>8691313
>Number of times a sheet of paper can be folded = infinite

Actually it's 7. Doesn't matter how thin you make the paper,either, 7 is the maximum.
>>
>>8691640
The coulomb barrier is not "little", my dude. You can't overcome it unless you lift.
>>
File: paper folded fan.jpg (19KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
paper folded fan.jpg
19KB, 350x260px
>>8691659
I refute you thus.
>>
>>8691689
Do you know what Jake's gramps did with smartasses like you back in MIT
>>
>>8691617
>>8691626
No, there are countless examples of shapes that can't be formed through paper folding. The simplest one is a sphere
>>
>>8691317
fpbp
>>
>>8691313
No matter how you fold it, paper still has 0 curvature and thus cannot form a shape with non-zero curvature.
>>
>>8691313
>Number of times a sheet of paper can be folded = infinite
There is absolutely no reason why that would be the case.

Even stacking individual the individual atoms of a sheet of paper on top of echother will only give a finite stack.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.