[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So today my data structures professor gave me a punishment for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1437543628723.jpg (67KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1437543628723.jpg
67KB, 540x540px
So today my data structures professor gave me a punishment for sharing a c++ program with a partner who had the idea of sending that program as his own. He knows it was my program, so both of us are now in the "complexity 2 program" meaning we're doom to fail the subject (my professor said no one has ever passed the complexity 2 program).

The c++ program had two classes (node and stack) with stack's functions (insert, extract, show) and that was all.

The whole course covers from how to create stacks, queues and lists to k-ary trees. There are hash functions and stuff we're going to review but not fully implement (I know he review stuff like MD5 algorithm).

It seems like I'm fucked up but I don't think it's going to be that hard. Do you guys have some recommendations of topics/books/sites I should review in order to learn some complete applications with data structures? I've been finding nice theory on internet but some recommendations are well received. I usually review between two and three books on the same topic to confirm that whatever I'm learning is right.

I know It's my fault for giving away a simple code but I'll face it, I don't want to fall without demonstrating I can code data structures and solve problems with it, I don't hold a grudge against my professor btw, he is one of the best my uni have.
>>
>>8681518
Kill both of them.
>>
>>8681518
id strangle my partner to be honest
why is he even going to school
>>
if you were a real /sci/entist you would WANT to get in complexity 2 and INTENTIONALLY cheat so you get there
too bad youre just an electrical engineer
>>
Is "complexity 2 program" a common agreed upon term? What does it mean?
>>
>cheat
>get to do a harder version of the course
wtf
>>
>>8681518
Is your professor called Jim Moon?
>>
>>8681664
seems pretty comfy desu
people here would get expelled if it was for a grade
>>
>>8681518

Did the prof just send you an email? Did you reply or is it just a one-sided communication still?

Quick, there's still time. Host a website and turn it into a public code repo for open source programs. Since you control site design you can change the displayed date of when merges happened. Set it up in such a way that it looks like the code was on that side for more than 2 weeks. Accuse your partner of taking open source code and publishing it as his own. Your hands are clean.
>>
>>8681550

I'm in the computational systems engineering. If it helps me to solve problems it's ok.

>>8681604

It means all the programs we have to code and the exams are going to be harder, let's say we're reviewing hash tables, there are basic functions and everybody is asked to code them and apply it to a million nodes in a million cycles. I would be asked to code a more complex function and maybe apply it to ten million nodes in 10 million cycles.

>>8681693

No

>>8681723

Well yeah but I don't want to fail either, that's a pain in the ass.

>>8681750

He sent me an e-mail before class and during class he mentioned that people in the "complexity 2 program" has never passed it.
>>
>>8681518
Please don't make up stories.
Just ask for help honestly.
>>
>>8681750
>Quick, there's still time. Host a website and turn it into a public code repo for open source programs. Since you control site design you can change the displayed date of when merges happened. Set it up in such a way that it looks like the code was on that side for more than 2 weeks. Accuse your partner of taking open source code and publishing it as his own. Your hands are clean.
Wouldn't OP still get in trouble for copying code online?
>>
>>8682192
> people in the complexity 2 program have never posed it
I call bullshit. Besides the fact that at any accredited institution an accusation of cheating would be sent to an academic infractions review board, not punished with harder assignments, there is NO WAY a school would allow a teacher to maintain a program where 0 students have ever passed. The school academic committee would either declare the class impossible for students at this academic level, or that the teacher was performing at an unsatisfactory level.
>>
File: image.png (217KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 600x600px
>>8681518
u r like a little babby
gtfo with ur HS drama
>>
>>8682657
Yeah, the prof. was probably just bullshitting about people never passing it just to scare the guy.
>>
File: 319901.jpg (58KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
319901.jpg
58KB, 520x320px
>>8681518
On a sort of related note my c++ professor once flipped out on these 2 students in the middle of class because they were spending every lecture playing games on their lap top in the back. She kicked them out and told them never to return.back.
>>
>>8681518

Would recommend go to bookzz.org and look for some data structures and c++ books.
>>
>>8681518
Fuck you, cheaters should die.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.