[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /sci/ this has been bothering me for many months now and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pepe-the-frog-meme-14.png (490KB, 1280x709px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-14.png
490KB, 1280x709px
hey /sci/ this has been bothering me for many months now and the more I think about it, the more I go crazy because one question leads to an EVEN more difficult one. At this moment in time there are some 6 billion people alive on earth. Moreover, there have been billions alive in the past - before me - and there will be billions more after me. Yet, of all these human beings, there is one individual (from my perspective) that stands out from the rest, that's different from all the others. And that person, of course, is me. Presumably I could have been any one of all those billions. But something determined that I would be on the inside of this particular body. What determined that? How was that association made? What determined that my consciousness would manifest itself in this (my) particular) body - out of all those others?
>>
>>8679002
>Presumably I could have been any one of all those billions.
i understand that everyone (me included) is inclined to believe this but it's bullshit and difficult to part from

you're vaguely describing a "spirit", you're describing that thing that seems to make you "special" and nonalgorithmic and so on

you don't really exist like that, there's a bunch of cells that create one seemingly cohesive unit; you couldn't have been anyone else you don't exist like that anon just trust
>>
>>8679002

t. every human ever
>>
If you were somebody else then you wouldn't be you.
>>
>>8679002
"You" are the connections in your brain, since everyones is different "you" are you
>>
Given number of genes in DNA is limited, is it possible to roughly determinate number of different humans beings?
>>
>>8679074
Yeah, at birth. Thing is some genes aren't that noticeable, a lot of personality genes just increase chances of some things happening. But then as a person grows nurture comes into play and that changes even more shit so it's pretty much impossible to calculate realistically
>>
>>8679002
Nothing was determined.There is no "you".
There is just a body and a brain that can think.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (145KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
145KB, 800x533px
>>8679170
but I feel so alive
>>
>>8679008
>>8679170
/sci/'s realism is depressing ;_;

I feel you OP. Every so often (usually when in the shower, actually), i'll have a moment of just "Woah, I'm seeing through THESE eyes, experiencing from THIS body. Other people are experiencing from THEIR body. Why I am not experience from their body? Why am I in mine? What put ME in my brain? Why is someone else not in this brain? In all the billions of humans that have been, are, and ever will be, AND all the possible life on other planets, why is my consciousness seeing through these eyes?
>>
>>8679002

This is literally how everyone feels. There's no mystery as to why you have a you, EVERYONE has a you.

Here's your (You)
>>
>>8679002
you're asking the wrong people. /sci/fags can be so narrow minded they might unironically tell you you're just like a rock
>>
>>8679354
it's all in your brain bro, I know it's hard to believe, but EVERYTHING is just electrical signals being transferred IN your brain.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.