[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost my TI-nspire CX CAS, now looking at getting another. Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: CAS calcs.jpg (627KB, 1148x766px) Image search: [Google]
CAS calcs.jpg
627KB, 1148x766px
Lost my TI-nspire CX CAS, now looking at getting another. Which of these modern calculators is the best?
Needs to have CAS and be useful for and undergrad in engineering. Also copy-paste is a must.
Currently leaning toward HP Prime, software looks fine and touch screen seems actually useful.
>>
>>8678502
TI

i had the casio and the stylus interface is shit
>>
Just to note, the calculators in the picture are the Casio FX-CP400, the HP Prime, and the TI-nspire CX (I would obviously get a CAS version)
>>
graphing calculators are worthless past high school.
i would recommend the ti 36 x pro scientific calculator, the wolfram alpha app on your phone, and matlab free trial
>>
>>8678646
This, unless you're going into maths specifically.

As a matter of fact, I went into business college with a calculator more powerful than the required one, and had to buy the downgrade because the graphing calculator isn't allowed in exams.
>>
>>8678502
A laptop with matlab and maple.
>>
>>8678646
>>8678671
I use a calculator all the time for physics and general problem solving. Being able to plug in equations and have it do algebra has saved me tons of time
>>
>>8678680
$100 graphing calculators are unnecessary.
You could do the same thing with a 20 dollar scientific calculator
>>
>>8678697
Or for 3 bucks on the wolfram alpha app which has full step by step solutions
>>
>>8678502
Laptop with linux and gnu octave.
>>
>>8678779
>>8678646
this, just use octave, sagemath, gnuplot, wolfram alpha

if you need to do some heavy lifting then bust out R or numpy/scipy/matplotlib
>>
File: fx85png-5458f0ade1907.png (99KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
fx85png-5458f0ade1907.png
99KB, 300x441px
only calculator you'll ever need, its operation is trivial and left as an exercise to the user
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.