[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the human electromagnetic field, /sci/. Does it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6337.jpg (35KB, 336x193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6337.jpg
35KB, 336x193px
Redpill me on the human electromagnetic field, /sci/. Does it exist? What are its implications?
>>
no and none
>>
>>8677009
yes. The implications are that we can monitor brain activity using EXTREMELY SENSITIVE equipment such as SQUIDs. Like so sensitive that they have to be shielded from earth's magnetic field.
>>
>>8677025
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoencephalography
>>
>>8677009
Sure all atoms technically have one. However they are so small it doesn't matter.
>>
>>8677025
Interesting, I wonder if they can decipher practical benefit from the recorded brain activity
>>
>>8677046
>the year is 2066
>supercomputing and algorithms are developed to the point where mind reading is possible
>engineering advances lead to SQUID based magnetometers for cost-effective widespread implementation
>new world order establishes mandatory "mind training" for citizens
>we are all forcefully melded into AI entity
>yfw in the future we are tentacle raped by SQUIDs
>>
>>8677046
One intention is to determine misfiring parts of the brain that causes certain types of epilepsy. Present methods require the removal of 1 ccm brain tissue to be sure to get that one tiny part that causes the problem. With MEG the hope is to reduce that down to 3 mm cubed, a dramatically smaller removal.
>>
>>8677215
>Lose 1 cubic cm of brain matter to maybe fix your epilepsy.
Who would even do this???
>>
>>8678085
Someone with epilepsy, presumably.

Alternatively, a brain surgeon.
>>
it is a manifestation of the thetan inhabiting your body. an e-meter can be used to indirectly monitor this.
>>
Can you even listen to brainwaves without having your scalp full of electrodes?
>>
File: a.jpg (287KB, 618x800px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
287KB, 618x800px
>>8677066
technomancy mind flayers?
>>
>>8677009
Magneto holography.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tklcucbsaXY
>>
>>8677066
I think it would be easier to implement mind control with this technology than it would be to read minds.
>>
gtfo brainlet
>>
>>8678085
Epilepsy is on a spectrum, grom grand mal to petit mal.

Also for grand mal there is a spectrum, from the debilitating to the merely annoying. And believe me, people are willing to do a lot to avoid the worst kinds of epilepsy.

It is also interesting to see just how much brain matter you can remove without any ill effects. For some kinds of brain cancer they remove several cubic cm of brain matter and often you cannot tell any ill effect on the patient. I personally know someone who just had a horrific head injury destroying large parts of the cortex. After a few months of rest she has recovered and, surprisingly, has no problem with speaking listening, reading or writing.

It is simply amazing how much damage humans can sustain and still carry on.
>>
>>8677066
>engineering advances lead to SQUID based magnetometers for cost-effective widespread implementation
How do you expect to solve the inverse problem?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.