[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel like they were much smarter as teenagers/kids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1460165880646.jpg (107KB, 467x535px) Image search: [Google]
1460165880646.jpg
107KB, 467x535px
Anyone else feel like they were much smarter as teenagers/kids than they are now?
>>
>>8675046
yes

that was a combination of arrogance and ignorance
>>
>>8675046
You were less aware of all of the things you did not know then.
>>
>>8675046
Not at all, I've always been confused and aware that I don't know shit about anything, even while being above the rest of the class. It's actually beneficial too because you're inventivized to look stuff up all the time.
>>
When I was a baby I couldn't even read
>>
>>8675046
no, I feel like I get a little smater each day
>>
I definitely got dumber. Too many concussions from banging my head against my headboard when I masturbate.
>>
No, but I do feel as though I was more focused. The internet fucked my focus and self control up, but I don't think I "lost" intelligence getting older.

This is why I plan on going full innawoods when I get a real job. Focus on the basics of living instead of surrogate activities. That helps my focus, and I feel smarter.
>>
i didnt even learn triple integrals until i was 6
>>
>>8675046
No way. I was slightly as ignorant as my parents and peers, but I studied studiously, learned earnestly and experienced life with an open mind to other opinions.
Most people reach retirement and the culmination of their life-long learning is that they can play games on their phone; or stare at gambling tickets. Pathetic!
>>
>>8675046
Nope. I was always dumb. I just tried harder when I was younger.
>>
>>8675046
I feel dumber now, but in reality I just don't enjoy anything, so it's hard for me to get things done or learn new things. I just pass time on 4chan or playing video games reflecting on how I ruined my life with laziness.
>>
I had a better sense of humor and I could talk to people easier. I don't know what happened.
>>
>>8675046
My mind felt clearer and i didn't have any brainfog or anxiety in my mid to late teens.
If I studied more and paid attention back then I would probably perform better than I'm currently doing.
>>
>>8675765
you lose the skills you don't use

I was super extroverted, then did homeschooling for 6 years. I went to college a social retard for 2 years but eventually returned to my extroverted self. I'm not good with talking to girls but that's just because I don't talk to girls enough.
>>
>>8675046
I was quite stupid as a teenager
>>
>>8675283
>Studied Studiously
>Studied
>Studiously
>>
>>8675046
Yes. Between issues from multiple concussions and ms I'm slowly becoming mite and more of a brainlet
>>
>>8675046
Yes, i sailed through elementary/high school with excellent grades without even trying. Unfortunately 100% of my actual potential was spent on my WoW PvP and raiding career, only things i have to "show" for it are 5 gladiator titles and a bunch of server firsts.

Playing videogames for 8h+ a day for 8 years while doing occasional pointless dead-end jobs before getting back to studying was not a good idea. I can still comprehend stuff and progress with my electrical engineering studies but it takes enormous effort and my brain is foggy as fuck. Also my grades arent that great since i rarely finish exams in time and my ego doesnt permit to cry to anyone about it. Naturally my everyday social intelligence is also very poor, i can hold a conversation in very narrow spectrums.
>>
>>8675109
>tfw unable to read graduate level physics out of womb
that's how you know you're really a brainlet
>>
>>8676031
Jesus this hit home.
>>
>>8676206
>tfw not getting nobel prise in age of 3
>>
>>8675046
Nah. Smarter than ever. But also smaller need to prove myself than ever before so I probably seem like I'm deteriorating / losing motivation.
>>
>>8676225
>prise
>>
>>8675046
I am smarter, but I don't see as well or run as fast.
>>
Smarter? Fuck no. Quicker? I peaked at 16. Better memory? Yeah, when I was a kid I could read a book and repeat half of it verbatim.

>tfw wasted all that time drinking
>>
I was much more motivated when I was a teen, but I'm a lot more efficient, know a lot more and am generally much better rounded than I used to be.
Still, I kind of miss it.
>>
No.
>>
I still think I was the smartest 12 year old on the planet for a short while.
>>
>>8675046
Only "smart but lazy" NEET memers think this
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.