[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A nut for you to figure out. What are the fundamental variables

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Quantaf.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Quantaf.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
A nut for you to figure out.

What are the fundamental variables of all models?
Model as explaining something without itself explaining itself.

What is incommon explaining number one, an apple, economic models, questions of philosophy, airplanes, what is the quanta that can be used to explain all these?
>>
Logics. Which also came into the problem of how to implement logic without logic. It was solved.
>>
>>8674207
Hm, qualitative characteristics and abstractions based on observation? It's kind of hard to determine concise fundamentals when so much of everything is based upon models that are residual of us trying to explain phenomena. Especially since it seems like we categorise things based on certain characteristics, then use those things to describe other things based on characteristics, etc, etc.
>>
>>8674211
Was the solution: by using logic?
>>
>>8674258

no you baffoon, they used fairy dust
>>
>>8674222

Yes exactly, we categorise things based on certain characteristics, what are the fundamental building blocks of any model we can use to sum all of these?
Just throw anything you think they could be, no need to be correct at first try, obviously.
>>
The building blocks are all the same things, you just give them different names. Then you create links between them using logics and mathematics.
>>
>>8674258
>>8674270
Well I was derping, logic is just a subset of natural language formalised in some way.
>>
>>8674366
Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad.
>>
File: E13-453.jpg (68KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
E13-453.jpg
68KB, 550x800px
>>8674370
Logic is the fucking core of all science.
>>
File: pain.jpg (78KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
78KB, 300x400px
>>8674207
Meaning. What they mean to us. The purely subjective is the only pure descriptive; it has no need of further definition or reference. Meanings are quanta, indivisible, essential (as in 'essence') understandings.
>>
>>8674334

"The building blocks are all the same things"
Yes and those building blocks, what are those building blocks that can not be split any further if you create a model using them?

Yes logic and mathematics are required when creating the models, but we first need the ... quanta of models to we can begin to create them.
>>
>>8674207

The answer is a hamiltonian. There's a hamiltonian for everything.
>>
>>8675979

Hamiltonian for everything..
Do you agree that is rather non informative, how can you create a model of everything with a hamiltonian?
>>
>>8674207
All you need is NAND.
All you need is NAND, NAND, NAND is all you need.
>>
>>8675968
When building a logical model, you assume there are stuff (building blocks), along with relationships between the blocks. But the blocks are not "split into simpler blocks". There is no relationship hierarchy between them.

Now a logic model has a limited scope, and I think we also mostly think inside limited scopes, because otherwise things would be way too messy.

A reason for this would be the phenomenum of emergence : with simple building blocks, you can create stuff that cannot be reasoned with the same way the building blocks were (like you don't think about living beings as heaps of atoms, because you wouldn't get anything relevant out of it).
>>
>>8674313
What it looks like and how it behaves when it interacts with different input.
Size, shape, colour, physical changes, how it effects other elements.
I feel like I didn't answer it still though, but unsure about what is lacking.
>>
>>8676629

ah yes you put it simple and well.

But hey you threw words as size, shape, colour, physical changes, what are thefundamental parts of all models that can be used to create any model we want, what do you think, personally?

You do know what I mean by modelling, a model of an atom.. to create a model of humans social behaviour and so forth, of an apple.. well, everything, what can be used to create a model out of anything.
>>
>>8676616

hey that's getting closer for sure!

Buildings blocks of a model, the building blocks, we can create all sorts of models with those.

Getting hotter.
You've just create a still image using buildings blocks, atoms of a human or whatever, what more is needed to make that model of a human more accurate?
Closer to a more accurate model..
>>
>>8676616

>(like you don't think about living beings as heaps of atoms, because you wouldn't get anything relevant out of it).

anything relevant, except the size, shape, approximation of mass, by just the looks and arrangement of the building blocks we determine a lot. A lot of relevant stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.