[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're really telling me that this guy "invented"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: isaac-newton-21.jpg (186KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-newton-21.jpg
186KB, 900x750px
You're really telling me that this guy "invented" gravity

>what goes up must come down
You really expect me to believe that newton is the first person to realize this
>>
You're really telling me that this guy "invented" pi

>what can be derived from the properties of arcs and triangles, in combination with derivations of Euclid's first prop of Book X MUST help determine the circumference of a unit circle!

You really expect me to believe that Archimedes is the first person to realize this
>>
>>8667642
You would be surprised how much religious dogmatism affected how people perceived reality back then.
For majority of people "its just way God made it" was valid explanation.
>>
Is it just one guy who posts the same thread on /his/ and /sci/? Are you studying the responses? Is /lit/ dead?
>>
You're really telling me that this guy "invented" relativity

>If a system of coordinates K is chosen so that, in relation to it, physical laws hold good in their simplest form, thesamelaws hold good in relation to any other system of coordinates K' moving in uniform translation relatively to K

You really expect me to believe that einstein is the first person to realize this
>>
Well he invented the theory which explains the force. Gravity is just the explanation.
>>
>>8667642
Stone age archer knew
>what goes up must come down
but he was not a scientist.
>>
>>8667642
He was first person to realize that "the thing" making things fall on the ground is same "thing" that keeps planets in their orbits.
>>
>>8667642
no, but he was the first who defined it and created the rules and models by which you can predict this behaviour. It's very much possible he was not even the first to do that, but documents get lost/ destroyed and names forgotten... this is what we have now...
at the very least he single handedly invented calculus, so still pretty amazing
>>
>>8667642
Nope, no one told he invented gravity.
Also no one told you people didn't know about it before him.
Newton was just the first to mathematically conceptualize it.
>>
>>8667786
Yes, he did develop a model which accurately predicts the motions of the planets.
>>
>>8667642
>>8667786
This. He was the originator of the concept of universal gravitation.

The mathematical model of gravitational acceleration of objects downward on Earth was already worked out fairly well when Newton came along, as were correct descriptions of the tracks of the planets around the Sun.

Interestingly, Galileo was very interested in both, but failed to make the connection between the two. Newton's work was very much a continuation of Galileo's, one of those giants on whose shoulders he stood.

The simple fact of objects being pulled downward on Earth was, of course, extremely familiar to people from prehistoric times, but even basic understanding of, for instance, why feathers and stones fall at different rates seems to have eluded mankind (at least in clear, recorded description) until the scientific revolution.
>>
>>8667642
is that a wig?
>>
>>8667789
>single highhandedly invented calculus

[LEIBNIZ INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>8667642
>You're really telling me that this guy "invented" gravity
You need to expand your circle of informants.
>>
>>8667902
Wysiwyg
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 1200x1200px
>>8667813

Not so fast, friendo.
>>
File: Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg (2MB, 3250x4333px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg
2MB, 3250x4333px
>>8668601
Have something to say???
>>
>>8667772
he was not, gallileo was. look it up
>>
Before newton, it was common knowledge that what goes up must come down but it wasn't clear about the probability that it goes up. Newton was the first to discover that the probability is exactly 0%. The man's a genius.

There was no math to describe his theory so he actually invented the calculator.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.