[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anybody else here compulsively binge read wikipedia? Personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg.png (431KB, 1122x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia-logo-v2.svg.png
431KB, 1122x1024px
anybody else here compulsively binge read wikipedia? Personally I find it's vast topical area and flow-of-interest linking fucking awesome.

My question: is it solid in the math department? how big are the gaps? Any better resources/supplemental self-educational resources you'd recommend
>>
>>8661807
The math is legit. A lot of the proofs are presented at a higher level then necessary though.
>>
>>8661807
Yes, I also binge it, as a master's chemistry student in my final year (already graduated with BSc) I can tell you the information is pretty solid, but I would never quite it, it's best to read it just to get background knowledge, there can be wrong information in obscure areas that only have a few authors, it's been quite nice to contribute to those areas
>>
*furiously clicks on Random Article*
>>
Wikipedia is great when it comes to technical stuff
>>
>>8661807
>is it solid in the math department?

Who do you think is editing it?
>>
>>8661807

I would be lost without Wikipedia. If I need to ensure quality, I simply read through the cited resources.
>>
>>8661817
thank you for your service.
>>
>>8661807
Never read a Wikipedia article without *ALSO* reading the "Talk" page. Better: also check the "History" tab to see what the edit wars have deleted.

I used to be a contributor but got tired of the endless politics, deletionists and mental issues going on there.

Also worth reading:
http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/whowriteswikipedia
>>
>Any better resources/supplemental self-educational resources you'd recommend
There are countless free textbooks and lectures notes on mathematics. It also makes more sense as the follow a particular order. Wikipedia is jumping all around until you make sense.
>>
One time I looked at the page for decagon and fixed a formula because they forgot to multiply by a^2 or something like that.
>>
>>8662853
You fucking nerd have you even read Euclids prop concerning decagons?
>>
>>8662625
>I used to be a contributor but got tired of the endless politics, deletionists and mental issues going on there.
Honest to God, the fucking politics is something else.
>>
>>8662899
The politics suck, but that only applies to current events for the most part. The worst are the people with 6 million dick sucking badges who decide they're Judge Dredd for a certain page, and delete absolutely every edit they personally didn't make.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.