[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If hypothetically there was a God/higher power and he created

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cvvcge.jpg (71KB, 483x585px) Image search: [Google]
cvvcge.jpg
71KB, 483x585px
If hypothetically there was a God/higher power and he created the universe 6,000 years ago in a way to make it seem like it was billions of years old and endlessly vast when we became technologically advanced to measure it wouldn't it still be impossible to mathematically prove?
>>
>in a way to make it seem like it was billions of years old

unfalsifiable therefore not science-related
>>
>>8661558
even if that were true, since god made everything else in line with a billion year old universe then it wouldnt matter.

there should be some physical hints that that's what happened however.
>>
>>8661558

This is philosophy and belong on >>>/his/

>>8661565
>unfalsifiable

Fuck off.
>>
if god didn't want to be proven he would just not allow it. I think that every intent to find him scientifically is pointless since all religion is based in blind faith, and a proof would contradict it all
>>
>>8661606
Why fuck off?

Fuck you
>>
>>8661621
exactly, this is the arrogance of humanity, we know some things and convince ourselves that we can know everything by the same methods
imagine yourself creating a simulation of a universe with a bunch of sentient beings in it and leaving no proof that it didn't just appear on its own, just to see what they do
>>
>>8661621
>since all religion is based in blind faith

Just because you repeat that, doesn't make it true.
>>
>>8661642
but it is true, why do you think that is not true?
>>
>>8661606

No offense to you either, but seriously this is a question of philosophy, not science.

Philosophy discussions belong in >>>/lit/
>>
>>8661558
>in a way to make it seem like
why not 1 sec old then
>>
>>8661767
How is it not true that all science is, also.
>>
>>8662964
"Wow, that's a good point, let me think for a bit"
Oh wait, my mistake, its absolute bullshit.
Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved.
If you show me
That, say, homeopathy works,
Then I will change my mind
I will spin on a fucking dime
I'll be embarrassed as hell,
But I will run through the streets yelling
Its a miracle! Take physics and bin it!
Water has memory!
And while it's memory of a long lost drop of onion juice is Infinite
It somehow forgets all the poo its had in it!
>>
File: p8.jpg (30KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
p8.jpg
30KB, 432x432px
>>8661558
>If hypothetically there was a God/higher power and he created the universe 6,000 years ago in a way to make it seem like it was billions of years old and endlessly vast when we became technologically advanced to measure it wouldn't it still be impossible to mathematically prove?

It would be impossible to prove. "Mathematically" doesn't come into it. Unless God left hints or you were smarter than God, there'd be no way to catch on.

That is a clever dodge embraced by some YAC folks to explain things like the apparent age of some rocks, or light just now arriving from a star that went super nova 100,000 years ago (star blows up 94,000 years before it existed? Nah, that light that makes it LOOK that way was created "already on the way,")

My thought on all that is that if the Universe looks and acts exactly like it was created back at the Big Bang, the smart thing to do is treat it as if that was in fact the case. Play the game according to the rules you are given.

I say the same about discussions of "is the universe just a VR creation, a perfect simulation. It doesn't matter, it acts on us as if it were real, so it is best to act as if it is.
>>
>>8663096
But science could be wrong.

We thought Earth was the center of the universe for thousands of years.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.