[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphene batteries when? Seriously i'm sick of my phone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Graphene batteries when?
Seriously i'm sick of my phone's shitty battery life
>>
tomorrow
>>
>>8660555
Maybe your issue is your addiction to cell phone. Ever read iDisorder, civility books?
>>
>>8660507
I'd much rather have good graphene super capacitors.

Also, just get a crank generator for your phone. You can even build one, they are very simple.
>>
A faster, more effective solution is for phone manufacturers to stop making their phones so damn thin. I don't know a single goddamn person who wouldn't trade an extra 3mm thickness for 3 more hours of battery life.
>>
>>8661211
What matters is what people buy, not what they want or what's better. Even if they "know" phone X has longer battery life than phone Y, they'll still just buy the one that they think looks sexier
>>
>>8661211
External Battery Pack Charger

Some are "backpacks" for the phone and some have long cords. They are usually the size of the phone and are something like 4-20aH extra battery life.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-portable-battery-chargers/
>>
>>8661242
And people wonder why the world is a mess

Seriously, is education the answer to everything?
>>
>>8662151
>Seriously, is education the answer to everything?

I really wish it was that simple. Even educated people do stupid things and are at the mercy of their irrational emotions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USn7eufXps
>>
>>8660507
Basically never.

Corporations can't profit if your battery rarely runs out.
>>
>>8662240
That's the Broken Window Fallacy.

I'd gladly pay $100 more for something that doesn't breakdown or run out. Any savings I have in the long term will still get pumped back into the system at other points. I skip all that by not buying or using phones in the first place.
>>
>>8662249
>I'd gladly pay $100 more

Unfortunately, most people aren't as resourceful as you which is bad for corporations as your spending habits are unpredictable. Luckily they don't target your demographic, hence why battery technology will rarely improve
>>
>>8662252
>>8662249
>>8662240
why would it be bad for a company if they have the longest lasting battery

>buy ther new samsung galaxy S95 now with 100h battery life
>>
>>8661242
>they'll still just buy the one that they think looks sexier
Partially because carriers charge you so much, they force you to pay for a new "free" phone every 2 years.

Plus, do you really want more chemical potential energy in your pocket?
https://youtu.be/GEo0RhEhFYc
>>
>>8662252
I'm not resourceful at all in that respect. I pay for quality of product so that I don't pay more in the long run.

>>8662254
Most companies take the shortest view regarding sales. They want instant returns. They consider longer views for point-of-sale to be detrimental and unstable. This is due to the artificial ways they create fads in society in order to sell products. They have their entire marketing system built from the ground up to be as momentary and unstable as it can possibly be. They created their own vicious cycle simply because the mediocre majority gives them the money to do so. It has to do with planned obsolescence both of construction and of fad.
>>
Smartphones with 2 day battery life already exist
>>
>>8660507
Grapene is not a magical panacea. The gains in energy density would be marginal if any.

What is needed is a different battery chemistry like an air battery, where the battery reacts with the air to generate power

>>8662258
Yes I really want more chemical potential energy in my pocket. Plastic(if combusted) has a higher energy density than batteries. In spite of this plastic doesn't have a tendency to catch fire or explode on its own.
>>
>>8662346
Problem it's from where do you get it.

It's an extremely scarce resource it's no where near mass production capacity.
>>
>>8662340
>2 day battery life

Wake me when that is 2 month battery life at full use.
>>
>not getting a Neo900
Haha
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.