[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH >be undergrad chem and phys double

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: smart but angry.png (324KB, 897x846px) Image search: [Google]
smart but angry.png
324KB, 897x846px
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

>be undergrad chem and phys double
>taking quantum physics by chem department and the quantum physics course by physics department this semester
>retard chem professor spends entire class trying to solve for the standard deviation of energy and time for the given wave equation to confirm the uncertainty principle
>I ask "BUT WHY DON'T WE JUST SOLVE FOR MOMENTUM AND POSITION THAT WOULD BE A LOT FASTER AND EASIER CONSIDERING HOW AWFUL THIS INTEGRATION HAS BECOME"
>"well he-hey all of this is pretty hard dontcha think?"

HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING. HE TEACHES QUANTUM MECHANICS AND DOESN'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE TOPIC. HE JUST READS THE TEXTBOOK AND REGURGITATES HIS OWN UNDERSTANDING AHAHAHAHAHA I FUCKING HATE CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMISTRY NORMIES GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
BY THE FUCKING WAY, YOU CANNOT ROUND UP FOR N. WHEN YOU CALCULATE THE ENERGY OF ELECTRONS AND SOLVE FOR N, YOU CANNOT ROUND UP TO THE NEAREST N, YOU ALWAYS ROUND DOWN YOU FUCKING RETARD THAT'S NOT HOW ATOMS WORK
>>
>>8657889
Can't you just [math]\left[ \hat x, \hat p\right ] [/math] to prove the uncertainty principle?
>>
>>8657900
Well I guess we were showing that our wave was behaving by the uncertainty principle, not really proving the principle itself

because our wave didn't have any transcendental functions
>>
>>8657889
>>taking quantum physics by chem department

there's your problem

it's like when the ee's at my school teach compsci/programming
>>
>giving a shit about lectures
>not using the time to study on your own much faster
>>
I did a double BSc in Math/Physics, and I think the same about how physicists deal with math.

Just raise/lower indices with this symbol because it just works like this XD.
>>
>>8657958
a shame really. chem majors generally don't know any math past calculus and they're pretty rusty on that. one of my lab professors essentially told us quantum chemistry undergrad lectures are pleasant conceptual diversions with the occasional math wrench to the face.

god i wish majored in physics
>>
>>8658211
this
>>
>>8658240
Fucking this.

I took an electromagnetism course and nobody could even do a triple integral. Just goes to show how physicists are brainlets.
>>
>>8659853
what kind of terrible universities do you go to
>>
>>8657889
>ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
This is /sci/ not /pirates/, faggot.
>>
>going to class
>ever
>>
>>8657889
>he fell for the meme
>>
>>8657889
>>taking quantum physics by chem department and the quantum physics course by physics department this semester

Why would you do this?
>>
>>8662679
because it is a lie
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.