[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know much about astronomy, physics, etc but can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: FullSizeRender-2.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
I don't know much about astronomy, physics, etc but can someone please explain why are there 2 sources of light in this image? my mom keeps trying to convince me that it is nibiru and it is almost here to destroy the earth. How can i shut her up with credible facts that there are no credible evidence of nibiru at all
>>
>>8657450

Wow. That is a pretty specific and weird belief. I hadn't heard of nibiru until you mentioned it,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_cataclysm

I don't know how to convince the superstitious. If you figure it out, let me know.

To me, it looks like 1 source of light partially blocked by clouds, but I guess to your mom that is some interstellar body.
>>
>>8657456
she thinks the government is blocking it using chem trails that's why it is hardly visible apparently
>>
>>8657465

Interesting. I heard anonsec believes in chemtrails too.

I don't know why people believe these stories.

My only guess is that some people see patterns that are not really there. There was an experiment where they showed individuals an image created from random static. Some people were more likely than others to see images in the static that were not really there.
>>
>>8657450
What makes you think there are two 'sources' of light? The light is just diffracting differently in two places?
>>
>>8657450
it's called being schizophrenic, OP. You can't reason with people who are inherently irrational. I'd move away and break contact with her ASAP before you inherit her brainlet habits.
>>
>>8657538
Move away from where? If you assumed I live with my mother I think you are a schizophrenic because you have trouble separating what's real and not. And on top of that you would break contact with your mother just because she has a mental disorder? What if she was stuck in a wheelchair with a physical disorder? Would you run away out of fear of catching her cripple habits?
>>
>>8657485
Well chemtrails, the idea of it, is not unprecedented. In its conspiratorial form, yeah it gets wacky, but we have been experimenting with cloud seeding or aresolized chemicals to achieve certain effects. Mostly out of a want to manipulate agricultural yields and what not.
>>
>>8657450
Tell your mom she's a brainlet
>>
File: 1486470872994.gif (30KB, 307x311px) Image search: [Google]
1486470872994.gif
30KB, 307x311px
Just wait until the sky clears/the next day so she sees there's no Planet there?
>>
>>8657450
It's a trick on the eyes. You think that the sun is actually in the middle of the picture so it couldn't be lighting the horizon. Really though, the sun is millions of miles away so the light spreads and can be seen on the horizon and most the rest of the sky.
>>
>>8657654
your mom is retarded lol why would you even associate with them you brainlet
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.