[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if we killed all the ants. Like what do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: ant.jpg (88KB, 1357x1014px) Image search: [Google]
ant.jpg
88KB, 1357x1014px
What would happen if we killed all the ants. Like what do they provide to the earth that other animals don't/couldn't?
>inb4 global catastrophe
I refuse to believe that they contribute anything other than being tiny bitey assholes
>>
>>8656748
They're a great source of protein.
>>
>>8656748
I think society could function without any aerobic bugs (including elephant-sized bugs). Best if the earth was covered in grass without any beasts shitting all over the place and then sniffing it--with their great sense of smell. They smell ammonia (piss) too; just as 70% of autistic people would do, without moving away and without a change in breathing that would show any aversion or awareness of it.
There are many streets in cities that, after days without rain, are rank with the toxic odor of dog piss and yet most people never notice. They can't even smell decomposing fecal matter thrown in garbage cans in summer heat. The masses are autistic.
>>
AANTI
>>
File: 1485984874582.jpg (3KB, 120x124px) Image search: [Google]
1485984874582.jpg
3KB, 120x124px
Ants are very important
>>
If every ant on the face of the earth just vanished in an instant, Brazil would become a sinkhole.
>>
File: 1485827835984.png (138KB, 336x326px) Image search: [Google]
1485827835984.png
138KB, 336x326px
>>8656837
What the fuck did I just read?
>>
Look what I found:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://antkey.org/sites/antkey.org/files/Lach_et_al_2009_Ant%2520Ecology.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj7tpLn_fzRAhWm3oMKHVDGBl0QFghLMAk&usg=AFQjCNGqngHPbyYLb4s8raAxt-P26hrrTQ

^ that's a PDF to a book about ant ecology

Also this website has a short summary about why ants are important:
http://m.espacepourlavie.ca/en/ecological-importance-ants

In media arts class in high school I screen-printed an ugly close up picture of an ant onto a t-shirt.
>>
>>8656748

Killing all ants isn't necessary, just fire ants.
>>
>>8656837
>never heard societies fear diseased material less as they are better able to fight it
>poop is gross
>not knowing how to properly deal with fecal matter
>probably a dirty loser
>>
>>8656748
>what do they provide to teh earth
they are nature's garbage collectors
>I refuse to believe
what you believe is irrelevant
>>
>>8656748
They eat other bugs, very efficiently. The amount of bugs would skyrocket if ants died
>>
>>8656794
eat them yourself you savage
>>
You could kill them all with mutagenic chain reaction.
>>
File: invicta13-XL.jpg (267KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
invicta13-XL.jpg
267KB, 1024x732px
Bad stuff senpai.
>>
>>8656945
Source on this picture? Without Squidwad, I mean. Although a bigger scaled version of the same pic would help.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.