[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there such a thing as a pain enhancement drug? like something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ss.jpg (75KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
75KB, 960x678px
is there such a thing as a pain enhancement drug? like something that increases sensitivity to pain?

pic unrelated although i was going to ask if it were possible to synthesize box jellyfish stinging chemicals in a lab.
>>
>>8655246
Anything is possible, I think there was something on mythbusters once inflicting pain by injection, why would you want this?
>>
>>8655248
it's not a matter of want, im trying to understand the fundamental concept of Hyperalgesia and what can cause it synthetically.
>>
>>8655246
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=drug+induced+hyperalgesia
>>
>>8655253
are you fucking retarded? the opioid case is simply a matter of tolerance buildup. i'm talking about an acute onset. kill yourself.
>>
>>8655254
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>8655272
this is the goalpost

>is there such a thing as a pain enhancement drug?

what you posted was along the lines of "yeah you just have to do so much morphine that you become too tolerant to pain killers naturally made in your body and you'll be super sensitive". which is just pants on head retarded and not due to the drug but to the body building a tolerance.
>>
BDSM thread?
>>
>>8655276
So you're saying that without the drug, the body would still have become sensitive to pain?

I'm guessing you think that guns kill people?
>>
>>8655254
>asks question
>gets answer
>gets mad because answer doesn't take another unrelated question into account
>also apparently illiterate

>Opioid-induced hyperalgesia (OIH) is defined as a state of nociceptive sensitization caused by exposure to opioids. The condition is characterized by a paradoxical response whereby a patient receiving opioids for the treatment of pain could actually become more sensitive to certain painful stimuli.
>Most studies have been conducted on [...] perioperative exposure to opioids in patients undergoing surgery, and healthy human volunteers after acute opioid exposure using human experimental pain testing.

It was literally the first link. Quite ironic that someone who's either illiterate or can't be bothered to spend five minutes reading is calling other people retarded. A quick skim through the wiki on hyperalgesia tells me that certain cyto- and chemokines produce hyperalgesia as well, which also answers your original question.

I'm fairly sure many chemotherapy drugs cause hyperalgesia as well.
>>
>>8655283
oh my god haha where to begin
>makes up argument i never stated
>derails topic
>false equivalence

just shut up already

>>8655286
dude google!
but uh you're moving the goalposts!
what's that you're not! well here's this strawman!

what's ironic is that you're so illiterate that you couldn't read "acute onset".

also "being sure" is not an answer. i am sure you're wrong. what's your counterclaim?
>>
>>8655246
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/life-science/cell-biology/cell-biology-products.html?TablePage=9562326

Here are some PAFs that are sure to cause hyperalgesia, though that's one of the last symptoms I'd be worried about if I were to inject myself.
>>
>>8655293
what other symptoms would occur?
>>
>>8655289
Let me reduce my post to just two sentences, maybe that will get the point across.

>perioperative exposure to opioids in patients undergoing surgery, and healthy human volunteers after acute opioid exposure using human experimental pain testing.
>>
>>8655297
Assuming compatibility with human thrombocytes, anything from mild discomfort to death.
>>
>>8655299
you're beyond hopeless if you think that had any point.
>>
>>8655302
Well, you added the qualifier "acute onset" in a reply, and I pointed out how acute opioid exposure caused acute hyperalgesia. You are the only one in the thread talking about opioid abuse and building of tolerance. I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer.
>>
The Chinese used to have a method of torture and execution known as death by a thousand cuts. The victim would be strung up and pieces cut off them bit by bit, taking care not to hit any arteries, so they would last as long as possible. They might also give the herb Ma Huang, Ephedra, source of Ephedrine, as it is said to enhance nociception. Lovely people, the Chinese.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.