[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long should I wait until 0.5 liters of water in a 2 liter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Oolongtea1.jpg (20KB, 550x395px) Image search: [Google]
Oolongtea1.jpg
20KB, 550x395px
How long should I wait until 0.5 liters of water in a 2 liter kettle has cooled from 100 Celsius to 85 Celsius, when the lid of the kettle is open?
The room temperature is 22 Celsius. The kettle is plastic.
Surely this is very simplistic to calculate? I'm asking because I have tea that requires a temperature of 75 to 85 Celsius to have the best brew and I don't have a thermometer.
>>
Newtons law of cooling. Get to it lad
>>
>>8654121
I will get to it eventually but right now I'd like someone to quickly evaluate this for me.
>>
I just learned this recently, don't you need either a "k" constant or a certain time to solve this?
>>
>>8654138
about 17 minutes.
>>
>>8654474
Goddammit, that's just too much.
>>
>>8654116
but you also need to know;
the air density in the room
amount of pressure in the room
diameter and height of the kettle
the reactive characteristics of its plastic
Global place of your house and the current weather
that you're a faggot

to be able to exactly calculate that.
>>
>>8654116
5 minutes or so. Put your hand into it. As long as you feel instant strong pain, it's above 65 deg C
>>
File: 1486326018866.jpg (481KB, 1089x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1486326018866.jpg
481KB, 1089x1166px
>>8654116
1. Buy a thermometer
2. Calculate the constant k for the open kettle with the water in it with Newtons law of cooling
3. Solve the equation with the k
4. Fail as Newtons law of cooling is only accurate sometimes.
>>
>>8654116
heat water to 100 degrees and to 85 degrees
pour into plastic kettles
touch both and remember sensations
touch kettle until it matches the way the 85° one feels

That ballpark is good enough
>>
>>8654116
just make a thermocouple by yourself, are you STEM or what?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.