[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /sci/, sorry, I know you're not my "tech support"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

hello /sci/, sorry, I know you're not my "tech support" for math in real life, but I need your help.

Basically I need some math formulas for calculating liquid ratio (it's far more stupid than it sounds)

So let's say I have a bottle of 1,000 ml capacity, and I want to fill it with 60% juice and 40% water

well it's easy because 1,000 is (forget the term) like 10, 100 , 10,000, etc. so you just put 600 ml of juice then 400 ml of water

the problem comes when it's not 1,000, let's say a arbitrary number like 784

you still want to fill it 60% juice and 40% water but how do you calculate how much you need of each?

---

another problem

let's say you want 50% juice and water

you have 200 ml juice, so you add 200 ml water, capacity isn't important

again, 50/50 is easy to do, you just add the same quantity

but what if it's another percentage? let's say you still have 200 ml of juice but you want the total to be 66% juice and 33% water, how do you calculate of much water you add?

I probably learned that shit when I was a kid but completely forgot, sorry for my retardness
>>
784*.6=470.4 mL of juice
784*.4=313.6
66:33 = 2:1 = 200:100
therefore you want 100 mL of juice
>can't mutiply decimals
>has to water down his juice
do you live botswana?
>>
>>8652953
>let's say a arbitrary number like 784
>
>you still want to fill it 60% juice and 40% water but how do you calculate how much you need of each?
0.6 * 784 = 470.4ml juice
0.4 * 784 = 313.6ml water

>but what if it's another percentage? let's say you still have 200 ml of juice but you want the total to be 66% juice and 33% water, how do you calculate of much water you add?
200 * 0.33 / 0.66 = 100ml water
>>
>>8652960
>>8652961
thank you very much, really

>do you live botswana?
that would be less embarrassing to admit because at least I could blame having a poor education
>>
>>8652966
fuck me, I read the question wrong. For the ratio one you want 100 mL of water
>>
>>8652967
it's fine, I get it now
>>
This thread reminds me that the average person (in the large country of America) has an Algebra II level of math at best.
>>
>>8652979
People are supposed to learn ratios at the very beginning of middle school.
It's one of the easiest applications of Algebra.
>>
Holy shit, OP.

I don't want to be too insulting, but it's kind of hard not to be. What's life like for someone who can't calculate ratios as an adult? What kind of work do you do?
>>
File: tesseract.gif (3MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
tesseract.gif
3MB, 255x255px
>>8652953
Honestly OP, how did you even figure out how to use a computer to post this in the first place?

Part 1
if you want to find 60% of 784, you get it by:
answer = 0.60 x 784
where x is multiply (normally * is multiply but I figured you didn't know that)
You can change the 0.60 to represent any percentage: 5% = 0.05, 126% = 1.26, and so on.

Part 2
Same explanation as before but multiply the 200mL by 0.66 or 0.33 to get your answer.
>>
I'm pretty bored and decided to look back at this thread just for the hell of it, I'll precise a few things

>>8652979
>>8653010

So, my education is standard, I'm canadian and finished my "secondary 5", the system goes like this, in quebec at least

Kindergarten
Primary 1-6
Secondary 1-5

If you never doubled, you're supposed to end secondary 5 at 17 yrs old, which I did

after that school is no longer compulsory but I think I remember people being able to quit before secondary 5. however, those people wouldn't be able to work since you need at minimum a secondary diploma

I'd like to point out english is also not my 1st language and I learned it by myself from video games and tv

I'm 26 now and can really confirm that I've almost forgotten everything shcool as though me, seriously all that education, all those years are pretty much wasted now, I'm not saying learning is a bad thing, I'm just saying I was forced to learn crap I never cared about or needed, like everybody else and so forgot all about it

>>8653019

Now I don't want to get in details about my life after secondary 5 but it was a trainwreck, or rather, I am a trainwreck

>>8653067

I just miserably failed to think about it logically, I didn't see the problem as:
>I need 75% of 600 ml
I just kept thinking (for a long time actually)
>I need the final mix to be 75% juice and 25% water but how will I know how much in milliliters that is?
and completely not make the connection with the full capacity

like a lot of things you learn in school, you memorise it or see it as a game, you don't necessarily understand it

you didn't really explain the second problem well, the only anon who gave me a answer I understood (to apply) was this one:
>>8652961

I know how to calculate the second problem but I still don't get it though (I mean the concept, the sense of it), no need to try and explain it to me, it's really not important
>>
>>8653220
>I'm not saying learning is a bad thing, I'm just saying I was forced to learn crap I never cared about or needed, like everybody else and so forgot all about it

No, you are just on the left side of the bell.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.