[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /sci/? >The main question is whether this detailed da

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pic unrelated.jpg (12KB, 400x371px) Image search: [Google]
pic unrelated.jpg
12KB, 400x371px
So /sci/?

>The main question is whether this detailed data may be trusted at the centennial scale. If it can, the centennial averaged temperatures at a place, in this case a place in Antarctica, may very well change by more than 2 °C in one century. The causes of these warming and cooling episodes were almost certainly natural. It's almost completely normal for the temperature to change by more than 2 °C per century. What we were getting in the 20th century is much more modest.

>But this isn't the most important point, I think. What I find more important is that the Vostok data indicate that there simply exist natural reasons that may change the temperature by more than 1 °C and perhaps more than 2 °C per century rather often and these effects, whatever they are, therefore may be responsible for the 20th century "global warming", too, or for most of it. Also, 1-degree or 2-degree warming episodes were often followed by similarly abrupt cooling (or vice versa). We can't really exclude this possibility.

>The 20th and 21st century may really be analogous to the years between 6226 and 6043 B.C. Back then, the temperature went up by 2.5 °C in the first century and returned back down by 2.5 °C in the following century. How confident you may be that the 21st century won't experience similar cooling as the cooling between 6091 and 6043 B.C. which followed a century of rapid warming? I think that you simply can't be more than 99 percent confident because in 1% of cases or so, the Earth managed to produce a significant cooling like that.

http://motls.blogspot.com/2017/02/vostok-warming-or-cooling-by-2-c-per.html
>>
the vostok data tells me that we don't have enough data.
>>
>>8652486
that means climate change is a hoax based off of false premises

Checkmate, atheists
>>
>>8652486
Don't we?
>>
>>8652493

fuck if i know
>>
>>8652499
What?
>>
>>8652503

they speak english in what?
>>
>>8652470
1. The Vostok ice core represents one area, not the global climate.

2. We already know what causes interglacial warming and glacial cooling. They're Milankovich cycles caused by Earth's orbital eccentricity and various feedback loops such as water vapor/CO2 evaporation.

3. Interglacial warming is much slower than 2°C per century globally and the current observed trend.
>>
>>8652655
Thanks anon.
>>
>>8652676
Not to mention that warming out of an icy glacial period to the nice temperature we have now is entirely different from warming out of the nice temperature we have no to a hot climate. And AGW is much faster than interglacial warming and has no natural mechanism that reverses it.

To surmise that the current warming is caused by natural factors because of Milankovich cycles in the past is silly for a variety of reasons. We are due for cooling rather than warming according to this cycle. We can see what our orbital eccentricity is like and we have examined various natural forcings on the climate, and none can explain the warming trend. To ignore the effect of manmade GHG emissions is to basic physics and the empirical evidence.
>>
>>8652722
Yeah. I should stop to read that blog. Too much shilling.
>>
>>8652740
*Reading
>>
>>8652655
>>8652722
He just deleted (in fact, not accepted) my comment commenting this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.