[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm torn between going for Chemistry, or Biochemistry as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: succ.png (169KB, 430x392px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
169KB, 430x392px
I'm torn between going for Chemistry, or Biochemistry as a major
Which will one has the best guarantee for a job?
Also on a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult would you rate them? (just to mentally prepare)
P.S. i'm going for a bachelor's degree
>>
>>8647245
they're both good majors, which one are you most passionate about?
as for which will 'guarantee' a job...nope. completely depends on who you are, where you are, which grade you achieved. definitely no guarantees.

how are we supposed to rate them on difficulty? i doubt anybody has done both, so they cant know.
>>
Biochem is harder
>>
>>8647245
Just skip the bullshit and look around for work as a janitor. It's essentially the same thing.
>>
you don't have much of a shot of getting a real job with either, just sayin
>>
Do biochem and go into genetic engineering, you'll get to do all kinds of cool shit with crispr on the rise.
>>
>>8647245
they're both shit easy. if you want a job, do engineering. if you really love chemistry you need at least a master's.

my sister married in biochemistry and now she works as loading the stock in a department store. don't bother with this meme degree
>>
>>8647376
majored* not married
>>
>>8647245
Chemistry is more fun, I'm just gonna be frank with you here
>>
>>8647245
I was also going for a Microbio & biochem major until my lab tech told me that's what he did but he dropped the bio for straight chem and got his masters.

Considering chem or electrical engineering but i love organic chemistry, and also would like to work in genetic engineering like >>8647300
said.

I'm in the same boat p much.
>>
Anyone here play 2007scape?
>>
>>8647245
Don't be fooled. If you are a sophomore or lower, switch majors unless you plan on going to grad school.

If you are a junior or above, I would say chemistry, but biochem is on the rise so it sorta depends on where you live. Also, go to grad school. It's super stressful, but you get to do crazy awesome science you never even imagined nor had an appreciation for previously, and you get a nice degree out of it. Downside is it's incredibly stressful and very work intensive.

You should avoid chem/biochem. If you are into materials chemistry, do materials science. They have jobs. "Genetic engineering" through biochem is the stupidest shit I've ever done. It's just another study that got "engineering" slapped in front of it because...???? It sounds cool I guess? Gene splicing and testing kinetics are NOT fun.

I'll put it this way: I'm having a lot of fun in grad school when I'm not in total stress out mode, but I wouldn't be here if I thought I could get a well paying job with a B.Sc. You have been warned.
>>
>>8648447
>gene splicing

idk that sounds pretty cool
>>
>>8647379
Your sister obviously isn't ambitious enough for anything better.

Biochem presents many opportunities for self sustaining business models if you can adapt to new markets.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.