[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone on /sci/ using Valium(Diazepam) at all? How it help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 150px-Diazepam.svg.png (4KB, 150x177px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Diazepam.svg.png
4KB, 150x177px
Is anyone on /sci/ using Valium(Diazepam) at all? How it help with your focus?

My friend gave me some to help with my anxiety and alcohol issues. I'm wondering if it will have an impact on my work.

Is there any neurologist that can comment on this? so far it has worked great for my anxiety, but I'm worried it may have an impact on my cognitive abilities to achieve the same level of work.
>>
File: 1471084999605.jpg (128KB, 615x861px) Image search: [Google]
1471084999605.jpg
128KB, 615x861px
>>8636309
yeah, benzos are a bad idea (tm)
extremely addictive, and withdrawal is HELL and lasts months, if not years.

DO NOT USE THIS FOR ANXIETY DISORDERS.

i know panic attacks suck, but just working through them is MUCH better than using benzos.
once you want to get off benzos because of the horrible side effects (=you being a complete zombie because no rem sleep) you will have much more and much more intense panic attacks, even after the withdrawal is done.

benzos are notoriously over-prescribed in the US.

>I'm worried it may have an impact on my cognitive abilities to achieve the same level of work.
it definitely will. also REM sleep will be gone once you take them regularly. and keep in mind half life of valium is extremely long (several days)

tl;dr dont do benzos
>>
>>8636338
Thanks for your response, what If I just used them for say... 1 month? to combat my alcohol withdrawal

Also, I'm not using them to avoid panic attacks. I'm using them for general anxiety purposes. sometimes I can barely talk to people because I get so anxious, sometimes cant leave the house. I never knew the side effects were so bad, but in my mind they are 10x less dangerous than drinking wine. Am I wrong to think this is a good vice replacement?
>>
File: cyber-crime-mr-robot.png (2MB, 2720x1470px) Image search: [Google]
cyber-crime-mr-robot.png
2MB, 2720x1470px
>>8636372
Mr.Robot took meth and he brought down an entire banking system, so
>>
>>8636309
i use alprozolam for major social anxiety disorder, it calms me down, i dont miss more chances at work, i socialize..all that gives gives me motivation and on top of that ssri (sertaline) do wonderful job with depression.
without anxiety and depression i am more productive, happier, motivated... starting those meds was best thing in my life
>btw using 0.5 mg of alprozolam two times a day and 200mg of sertaline for over 2years, i can miss my morning dose of alprozolam but if i miss second i cannot fall asleep
>>
>>8636387
>alprozolam
We don't use Xanax in the UK, or maybe I'm wrong. My only channel for benzodiazepine right now are street bought Valium.
>>
>>8636391
do you have medical insurance?
if i could get meds here in this shithole where some doctors dont even think that SAD is real, you should certainly get better medical help for generalized anxiety disorder in UK
>>
>>8636387
How long did it take for your Sertraline to produce more serotonin? Was it largely noticeable? Are there many negative side effects to these drugs? I was in Prague a few days ago and while I was talking to this girl she mentioned them and their suicide rate. As it turns out the people who are suicidal before given these serotonin re uptake inhibitors it increased their energy and in turn makes them energized and motivated enough to actually go through with it lol
>>
File: 1485043280247.jpg (54KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1485043280247.jpg
54KB, 530x530px
>>8636401
I'm from Scotland and the GP's(Doctors) here issue standard meds to every with any sort of mental health issues involved with depression/anxiety. They are called fluoxetine and codeine. Heard and read a lot of bad stories about them.
>>
>>8636387
Similar story here. 225mg of Effexor in the morning and 0.5mg of Xanax in the afternoon to help me relax and get to sleep.
>>
>>8636414
How long have you been doing that for? Notice any negative side effects?
>>
>>8636406
>>8636401
Also, we don't pay for this. So as you imagine, they give us cheap meds.
>>
>>8636403
after two weeks it started to produce wonderful effects, before therapy i could not talk to people without blushing, could not eat in public cafeteria, on bad days could not even leave house...after two weeks i started "flirthing" with girls, got frendzoned fast but i was finally free to live, after two months i started real flirting, at that time i was chating with 4 girls at same time... my scores were improving, become one of top in my group
btw i cannot have orgasm without at least hour of masturbation....and i cant have orgasm at all during intercourse
>>
File: 1469656120540.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469656120540.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
>>8636372
>I'm not using them to avoid panic attacks. I'm using them for general anxiety purposes. sometimes I can barely talk to people because I get so anxious, sometimes cant leave the house
whatever symptoms you're trying to suppress using benzos, they will come back WITH A VENGEANCE once you go into withdrawal. so it will really suck

look at this guy >>8636387
he's currently on alprazolam EVERY DAY. I wager his post would sound less euphoric about benzos if he would try to get off this shit.

basically benzos are like a miracle drug when it comes to anxiety.
they are just so good (and also make you not care and go "yolo") that you will likely start taking them regularly at some point and starting to up the dose, JUST TO WARD OFF WITHDRAWAL at that point

one thing, if you ever want to get off them: *never* go cold turkey, as seizures can be fatal.
also, unlike alcohol withdrawal, there are literally no medications to help with the psychotic panic-nightmare that is benzo withdrawal. you will just have to bite the bullet and work through it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlA-qMeyJFw

I dunno, google benzo withdrawal, it sucks

>Am I wrong to think this is a good vice replacement?
using alc for anxiety may not be much better, but thats not saying that benzos are a good idea by any means

either way Im out.
you wuz warned
>>
>>8636419
About a year and a half. So far I haven't noticed anything negative directly from the Xanax but the Effexor gives me pretty bad withdrawal symptoms if I don't take it. Nausea, vertigo, and these weird jolts in my head - "brain zaps" as I saw one person describe them.
>>
>>8636453
i know all that, a study medicine, 0.5mg is not all that much, i was actually on 3x per day, now i only take one evening dose, i tried removing it but it gives me aural migraine and insomnia
if i actually want to quit i could control all withdrawal effects, ergotamine/sumatriptan for headache and short acting benzo/dimenhydrinate or even sleep deprivation for insomia
>>
>>8636406
>fluoxetine and codeine
fluo (=prozac) is an SSRI antidepressant, codeine an opioid.
I can see psychiatrists prescribing antidepressants, but opioids for psychiatric diseases?
afaik opioids are only indicated for pain or as coughing med
>>
File: 1482926681476.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1482926681476.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>8636466
> if I don't take it. Nausea, vertigo, and these weird jolts in my head - "brain zaps" as I saw one person describe them.

that does not sound healthy
>>
>tfw discovered through this thread that benzos are actually rem-sleep suppressors

well what's the fucking point then
>>
>>8636309
How severe is your alcoholism?

For how long?

How necessary is long term and working memory to your work? I imagine not too much if you are a severe enough alcoholic to require benzos.

t. Alcohol reward and dependence neuroscientist

>>8636338
This guy is right, but depending on your level of alcoholism, you may need benzos to prevent seizures/death etc...

>>8636372
You don't seem like a severe enough alcoholic to warrant benzos from this post.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.