[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>20 years old >kind of ignored maths my whole life >got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1485384197593.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1485384197593.png
46KB, 619x453px
>20 years old
>kind of ignored maths my whole life
>got Bs/Cs in highschool maths because I never studied or cared
>take calculus, all of sudden the concepts are very interesting, study hard and study ahead
>in calc 2 right now, the concepts interest me and are easy to wrap mind around
>once I set up a complicated integral or something most of the time I can't solve it, because my basic algebra skills are shit, because I didn't pay attention in highschool

What do I do? I'm trying to learn all of highschool math alongside calculus and I'm kind of a brainlet.
>>
>my basic algebra skills are shit
You gotta study algebra too then.
>>
>>8634419
Stop being a brainlet.
>>
>>8634419
fap to satorin
>>
>>8634430
I'm trying but I don't know where to get all the information I need, watching khan academy videos for every little thing I don't understand isn't very efficient.

>>8634433
how?
>>
>>8634447
Look at the math textbooks recommendations on the wiki. I also recommend Algebra by openstax for beginners
>>
>>8634419
stop being brainlet
>>8634555
that's go to openstax study all thier maths texts
>>
>>8634419
There really isn't that much to elementary algebra. The number one thing is factoring polynomials, in particular the quadratic formula, and the difference of two squares identity (which is just a special case of factoring). Then make sure you understand why exponents work the way they do, and how they relate to properties of logarithms. These things alone will carry you through almost all the algebraic manipulations you will need.

Trigonometry is slightly trickier and it will be tempting for you to memorize identities mindlessly, but it is in your best interest to study it carefully and understand what's going on.
>>
>>8634837
OP here, my biggest issue is with log() ln() e^x etc.. I've also forgotten most trig relationships, especially there inverses and derivatives. I have a reference sheet I put together to help with homeowrk, but I need to memorize for tests.
>>
File: trig made ez.png (51KB, 1542x1292px) Image search: [Google]
trig made ez.png
51KB, 1542x1292px
>>8634837

trig can be taught in an ass-backwards way .. one say I saw this pic and it was like I was Neo taking the red pill, it made all the arbitrary formulas suddenly make sense
>>
>>8634849
tbqh if you don't already have a good background in geometry (which counts as high school maths, which is what OP lacks) then that picture is basically meaningless.

Check your mathematical privilege, please.
>>
File: IMG_4337.jpg (116KB, 1242x1385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4337.jpg
116KB, 1242x1385px
>>8634849
I like this one better
>>
>>8634447
if the concepts do truly interest you, just scrap that khan academy tutorial bullshit and start from a more foundational level: start with abstract algebra and once you get ahold of that, you'll be one with the concepts and so you'll be doing that kind of applied computation stuff no problem
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.