[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this life the only time we are conscious? I'm just pondering,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Z.jpg (14KB, 312x162px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
14KB, 312x162px
Is this life the only time we are conscious?

I'm just pondering, it's really weird how for billions of years we weren't now we are and can experience a part of this for a brief point in time, but if it happened once it can happen again right?

Is there a mechanical scientific reason that in millions or billions of years, or maybe in another universe our consciousness can come into being again?
>>
>>8634350
I do not think so, the human mind is probably the most mysterious in the universe.
>>
>>8634350
There is no clear definition of "you" so this question makes no sense. There is a particular pattern of atoms with memories that form a seemingly "continuous" identity. This pattern of atoms could exist again after the first is destroyed. Is that the same "you" as before? Is the you from one second ago the same as before just because you have a seemingly continuous train of memories? These are unanswerable mental masturbation questions that only obscure the reality, which is simply a jumble of atoms moving around.
>>
>>8634373

And yet we allow mothers to kill their unborn children for convenience under the guise of 'bodily choice.'
>>
>>8634350
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
>>
>>8634381
Yes but then if those jumble of atoms formed an organism which is conscious and aware of itself and its surroundings, after its physical death is it possible for its consciousness to manifest again after some time in some other organism?

Basically I'm asking if reincarnation is possible in a more real scientific sense.
>>
>>8634350
you either have an immortal soul or you don't

believe what you want to believe - science cannot prove/disprove God's existence.
>>
File: 100.jpg (51KB, 519x412px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
51KB, 519x412px
>>8634381
let me telle you about the gratest meme of all time
nothing rly matters

>we are literally all the same being (product)
>only difference are our different limitations (Vessel, biology,specific memories and experiences neuronal-wiring in our brains..etc)
>the moment you eliminate all the limitations form your vessel you become something that has truly and objectiv meaning.
>when you do the same to somebody else he will be 100% like you thus you, like a copy of a program
>>
>>8634398
Again, this is all based on arbitrary definitions of identities that don't actually exist. Is it the same consciousness or different if you have memories of being alive before? Is it the same consciousness or different if you are an exact copy of some the organism but have no perception of being connected to that organism? No answers because it depends on what you think "same identity" means.

On a more practical note, it's practically impossible for you to be born with connected memories or as a copy. And it wouldn't mean anything if you did, just random chance.
>>
>>8634427
I'm a little confused, I thought what makes consciousness is not the memories, but the specific way we see and process information, but I can understand what you mean.

So we can exist as someone or something entirely else, but have no recollection and know anything, or is it definitely lights out after this?
>>
>>8634385

Wew. Is there an abortion-related law along the same line as Godwin's?
>>
>>8634350

Furthermore, why is our conciousness separate from the universe despite being a part of it?
>>
>>8634536
Why is it separate from the universe?
>>
>>8634350
There is no non-arbitrary definition of consciousness.

What I really think it boils down to is something vs. nothing.
>>
>>8634536
life says you must be a part of time but space is your domain. time changes with gravitational density. your feet aren't the same age as your head. the surface of the planet curves but the horizon is lower than any part of the surrounding environment. your consciousness never really existed as a part of time, only the pieces that were your body before they were even formed in the nova around us had spaces in their atoms that are so curved and contracted even those were the equivalent of alone frame of reference wise. in other words, you've never even been put together. matter is just that forgiving because electromagnetic forces are able to overcome the attractive force that would otherwise have crushed time itself as the universe is expanding away from singularity, and not into it. consciousness owes thanks to the form the body was able to evolve using. not the matter. joints are able to make parts move, separation comes after consciousness can make motion into parts. it's like which came first, chicken, r egg?
>>
>>8634482
Consciousness is not the identity. The identity which would be "reincarnated" is a set of memories and behavior.
>>
>>8634606
Son, leave the pot down.
>>
>>8634411
Photon being. Is it not light that powers our brains? Is it not light leaves the body when you die. It's call the holy ghost because it looks like a ghost weaving the body to those who can see it
>>
>>8634606
Eggs came way before chickens. Like billions of years. Ya know anything about what happens every 2160 years on this planet? I hear it's pretty intense.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.