[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there is no such thing as "science" or "scientific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: isaac newton.jpg (1MB, 2400x2912px) Image search: [Google]
isaac newton.jpg
1MB, 2400x2912px
https://twitter.com/kixxonlee/status/550323075858722816

read Greg Carr's responses about Isaac Newton
>>
Put this shit on /pol/.
>>
File: ee.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
ee.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
hypothesis non fingo
>>
File: 1484329151415.jpg (479KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1484329151415.jpg
479KB, 960x638px
>>8629826
>I'm a Black Female Educator
the scariest words i've every heard
>>
>>8629826
>He's certainly a founder. Of course, much of what happened in the "West" was only local discovery of twice-told tales elsewhere.

Holy shit. Does this nigga really believe that africans of the past were doing calculus and shit.

WE
>>
WUZ
>>
MUTHEMUTICIUNS
>>
his point is that math and science is culturally relative
>>
>>8629924
N SHIET
>>
>>8629913
If you look into the history of calculus you'll actually find that various older civilizations had made use of some of the ideas of calculus, it just wasn't formalized until Newton/Leibniz. That's not to take any credit away from either of them because it takes a strong intellect to pull from so many different sources and see the connections between them, but Newton was serious when he meant that he was standing on the shoulders of giants, that he achieved what he achieved in great thanks to so much of the work done before him.
>>
>>8630171
Yeah yeah, I've seen all of Wildberger's videos on the topic. I know the kind of calculus other civilizations were doing. I find it kinda impressive that the greeks could find the area under parabolas using just elementary geometry. That said, when I say calculus I mean derivatives and integrals.

Those things happened just in the west. There is no evidence that anyone before even thought about those things.
>>
Did you guys read the tweets guy

he is arguing that science is culturally relative

that 2 +2=4 in the West but might not in Africa.

read his tweets
>>
so nobody read it huh?
>>
WAT
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.