[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tutoring a 13 year old in Geometry tomorrow, any suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1424572366991.jpg (165KB, 700x698px) Image search: [Google]
1424572366991.jpg
165KB, 700x698px
I'm tutoring a 13 year old in Geometry tomorrow, any suggestions fro what to include on the first day?

Thinking points, lines, and angles.
>>
>>8629021
Did I start this?
Teach him drawing ancient greek symbols. It contains lines angles and curves
>>
>>8629032
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampi

> forgot the link to the most important one
>>
give him a copy of the elements and go jerk off in the bathroom
>>
>>8629021

Your penis.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB4SkfgvQ98
>>
>>8629021
I've tutored many children and adolescents and one crucial advice is this: Don't try to hard.

They literally don't care. I know I didn't when I was their age.
>>
>>8629021
Is it a cute girl?
>>
>>8629021

make him prove some shit with a compass

public schools don't even break out the compass in geometry

>>8629068

do it even if they don't care
>>
>>8629021
/b/tards
>>
>>8629086
desu I was teaching a girl analytic geometry and when we got to the point where I tried to explain parametric definition of a line and how you can transform it into slope-point and slope-intercept and general form etc. she literally told me that she doesn't need to really know this, she just needs to understand what she needs to do on the test. Fucking bitch, you don't fucking know what you need to know, I know what you need to know, I study fucking physics.
>>
>>8629021
Is it a cute boy?
>>
>>8629100
She was most likely right though. I used to think the same, why do I care about history or fucking modern art if I'm going to study the natural sciences?
If you don't like the subject there's no reason for you to learn more than the bare minimum.
>>
>>8629100
And why do you study physics anon? Because you dont know shit.

That little girl would prob translate greek symbols into what they look like (lines, curves and rotations around 1 point on multiple axis) faster than you can explain the theory of unification
>>
>>8629021
Start with Derived Schemes and work your way down.
>>
>>8629254
>why do I care about history or fucking modern art if I'm going to study the natural sciences?

Modern art is useless, but everyone should know their history.
>>
>>8629307
The teaching model is useless and they seem to purposefully induce total apathy towards the subjects int you. Information is drilled without context and a harmful grading model is used for whatever reason, and at the end most of the information presented is forgotten.
The subjects are not the issue, the education system is the issue.
>>
Teach them Heron's formula.
>>
Probably shit on the level of Pythagorean theorem. That's what I learned in 7th grade
>>
File: 1440108503911.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1440108503911.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>8629100
Sounds like you're butthurt because she didn't offer sex in response to your generous teaching.
>>
>>8629100
>I study fucking physics.
pretty sure she knows better than you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.