[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>White–Juday warp-field interferometer http://earthtec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Alcubierre.png (173KB, 1004x465px) Image search: [Google]
Alcubierre.png
173KB, 1004x465px
>White–Juday warp-field interferometer

http://earthtech.org/publications/davis_STAIF_conference_2.pdf

So they're trying to bend light with magnetic field or something? How is that going to work since light has no charge or mass?
I've read their article and i've noticed few weird things.

>Perhaps the reader is still struggling with the concept of how a toroidal positive energy density develops a spherical region of negative pressure. The short answer is that is what the math predicts.
Are they fucking serious?

>Since we know how to make a large spacetime expansion boost value
Care to explain?

This whole thing looks like pseudoscience, prominent use of buzzwords like "dark energy" only makes in worse. We don't even know what that is and they act as if everyone does.
>>
>>8628813
>How is that going to work since light has no charge or mass?

In general relativity energy density can act as a source for gravitation.

>This whole thing looks like pseudoscience

It probably is, or perhaps it's better to say it's """fringe"""
>>
>>8628813
would a strong enough magnetic field produce light in a vacuum?
>>
>>8628829
>In general relativity energy density can act as a source for gravitation.
Has this been verified experimentally? I mean, I guess that's where the mass of a proton comes from?
>>
>>8628979
>Has this been verified experimentally?

I'm not sure directly, but GR as a whole is incredibly precise.

>I guess that's where the mass of a proton comes from?

No, the photon doesn't have a mass.
>>
>>8628985
He said proton.

>>8628813
OP, you seem to lack a basic understanding of both electromagnetism and general relativity. Not that I'm saying the linked article is totally legit, but yes, energy density being a source of spacetime curvature is experimentally verified.
>>
>>8628990
>He said proton.

Oh yeah. That makes even less sense.
>>
>>8628990
>energy density being a source of spacetime curvature is experimentally verified.
Any articles about this stuff? I'm just curious about the experiments.
Just don't link me general relativity books, i'm no theorist and don't want to fuck up my brain with this crap.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170121-154206.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170121-154206.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>8628813

Oh wow, I am the lightbender
>>
>>8629095
Its a metal cone btw
>>
>>8629077
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_relativistic_energy_and_momentum

>don't want to fuck up my brain with this crap
Then don't ask for critiques of articles involving said crap.

That's like saying you don't want taint your gray matter with Anime, but want to know why Asuka and Misato are better waifu material than Rei.

What are you, some sorta closet theoretical physaboo?
>>
File: asukafag.gif (136KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
asukafag.gif
136KB, 704x480px
>>8629109
>>
>>8629110
https://nhentai net/g/121750/
>>
>>8628999
Nah I just heard the fields of the quarks give rise to most of the mass of the proton and not just the valence quarks or something. I don't know why I just don't buckle down and learn it. It'd take less than 2 months.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.