[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Scientists Finally Invent Real, Working Lightsabers >The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1467596113220.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1467596113220.png
48KB, 400x389px
>Scientists Finally Invent Real, Working Lightsabers
>The military is 2 years away from unleashing its real-life Iron Man suit
>NASA Starts Work on Real Life Star Trek Warp Drive
>Scientists are working on a real-life Star Trek phaser

Why do they always have to compare everything to fictional inventions?
>>
Because that are the things we already know. You wouldn't describe a bike like a two wheeled, leg powered, vehicle.
>>
why don't they just use normal guns in star wars? the energy weapons are slow enough to be blocked by lightsabers.

obvious stuff like this kind of ruins most scifi for me.
>>
File: 1468636869826.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468636869826.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>8626070
And even then, Blasters are far more practical weapons than Lightsabers. Lucas even admitted he only added them because he likes swords.
>>
>>8626077

while i'm ranting about shit that doesn't matter:

the guns on ships like the millennium falcon miss most of the time and never lead their shots. why? you'd think they would have figured out the kalman filter, with all of that advanced tech.
>>
>>8626077
In universe, they're actually kind of shit if you aren't a jedi.
>>
>>8626070
I think the idea is that the jedi move their lightsabres into position before the shots are fired, due to their force precognition.
>>
>>8626357
Bullets still move alot faster than Blaster Bolts. It would be humanly impossible (even for a jedi) to be able to deflect a small projectile moving faster than the speed of sound, or multiple bullets no less.
>>
Because news is a business, and their business is getting people to read stories.

What's gonna make (average) people read your story? "Scientists test protoype exo-suit for commercial and rehabilitative applications" or "Scientists invent real life Iron Man suit!"
>>
Because you get the normies semi interested by mentioning Star Wars
>>
Why is actual science so much more boring than fictional science?
>>
>>8626452
It isn't, it just takes more effort to get into.
>>
>>8626008
Science is booooring. Who has time to listen to those geeks?

Pew, pew! Future! Woo hoo!

Got my MBA, and I am used to consumerism movies and media.

Geek! Go make me something futuristic! What do you mean we have to wait 2 weeks for the product to be finished?! Omg. #PainInTheAssEmployeeNerds #LuckilyBossHereToSaveDay
>>
>>8626008
Because it's fun. You do know what fun is, don't you?
>>
>>8626378
Maybe it's a logistics thing? Carting millions upon millions of rounds across the galaxy would surely increase risks and costs. Not so much within space (FTL and all that), but more during actual assaults on planets.
>>
>>8626070
>a long time ago in a galaxy far away
they havent invented gunpowder yet
>>
>>8626452
Because nobody wants to read/watch fiction that's MORE boring than real life.
>>
>>8627071
>>8626070
Normal guns do exist in Star Wars. They're called slugthrowers.

Thing is they're dated as fuck and you don't have to worry about reloading as much with a laser gun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.