[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate from an average national college electronics engineer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: amp.png (172KB, 700x384px) Image search: [Google]
amp.png
172KB, 700x384px
>graduate from an average national college electronics engineer program (B.Eng)
>curriculum consisted of mathematics, physics, control systems, communication systems, electromagnetics, programming (C, Assembly and Python) and of course many different types of electronics courses and a heap of projects and labs
>upon graduation find that none of this is relevant, as what is asked of electronics engineers now is to develop some shitty Android app for some Chinese device without even knowing how it works because the manual is in Mandarin
>some company specializing in making shitty apps for shitty Chinese devices
>you know hardware right? *throws with a 15 euro Chinese tablet* we want Java and neural networks and we want them now for this 32-bit double quadruple core ARM processor
>sorry I can't do that, we didn't have that at schooo' and and...
>ok, enjoy being unemployed you fuck t. app company
>now be earning 10 euros per hour at an electronics assembly line
>would make more as a man-waitress at a trendy cafe

Hue hue. Time and money well spent.
>>
>>8625877
>falling for the STEM meme

for a bunch of cicrcle-jerking intellectuals like /sci/, I'd imagine they'd be smart enough to check wanted ads in their field before graduating to get an idea of the relevant knowledge needed.

Guess not, psueds.
>>
>>8625877
tch
CS/Math major
My job will consist of writing a life-critical embedded OS.
Once my foot is in the door, I plan on switching over to their finance dept and being an analyst.
>>
>>8625877
>>sorry I can't do that, we didn't have that at schooo' and and...

>"Sorry Mr. Bossman I am unwilling to learn new things for the job and I only want to do this thing."

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>8625944
This

OP = huge faggot
>>
>>8625877
Job interview question:
Explain the mode of operation of the amp you posted.
First, explain the purpose of R9.
>>
>>8625937
>look up for the labor market for Mathematics in my country
>everyone talking about teaching and nothing else
I'm fucking panicking. I'm not spending all this time and effort to become a teacher. If I fail to get a job outside of teaching, I'll definitely kill myself.
>>
>>8625877
It seems you are incapable of continuous learning and applying the vast amount knowledge you have accumulated. That makes you a brainlet.
>>
>>8626284

then take electives that a very applicable (stats, prob and calc)
>>
Hi, OP here on mobile. Yes, I'm a pleb and that's why I'm not doing anything impressive.

>>8625970
I have pretty much no clue about the circuit and why it's built up like that (just picked it up from google) and I barely passed amplifier stages. I guess it's a single-ended mode of operation because I can't see any elements that would make it differential. Not sure if you were after this kind of answer or if you meant if it is A, B, AB or C class or if the feedback elements affect it. I think it's used for some RF application.

R9: no idea why it's there instead of an open circuit. The only thing I remember about a resistor being "connected" like that was about CE transistor output resistance modeling (Early voltage/Ic, typically very high) so I guess it's to do with stabilization if there's a high fluctuation of T4 collector-emitter voltage.

>>8626349
>>8625965
>>8625944
Yeah, I know I wouldn't be able to handle too many new things to learn at once and produce any meaningful work.
>>
Have you seen the most popular software and hardware applications in past 10 years?
If not here

>iphone which doesnt even have video recording frame locking
>candy crush
>snapchat
>clash of clans

We are past the technology advancement stage
>>
>>8625877
>curriculum consisted of mathematics, physics, control systems, communication systems, electromagnetics, programming (C, Assembly and Python) and of course many different types of electronics courses and a heap of projects and labs
>upon graduation find that none of this is relevant, as what is asked of electronics engineers now is to develop some shitty Android app for some Chinese device without even knowing how it works because the manual is in Mandarin
>control systems
>not relevant
You're an idiot. Get a masters in control theory and enjoy the good life.
>>
>>8626476
>for some RF application
Correct. I should have asked for 'functionality'. It's a selective, remotely tunable pre-amp, tuned by varying the supply voltage, very clever. R9 is a startup resistor. Without it the current source T3 would have no initial base drive. After power-up R9 is shorted by T4 and the circuit runs. With some experience you read such circuit diagrams like a short story and this was a good one, learned something new, thank you.
>>
>>8625877

Have you ever tried Java? shit is easy

probably could of done that when I was in highschool
>>
File: golden_hammer.png (47KB, 740x280px) Image search: [Google]
golden_hammer.png
47KB, 740x280px
>>8625877
>>you know hardware right? *throws with a 15 euro Chinese tablet* we want Java and neural networks and we want them now for this 32-bit double quadruple core ARM processor
>>
>>8626746
explain further pls(got interested)
>>
>>8627292
Control theory is the most interesting subject an engineer could study. And you can make big money working in process control for the chemical and petrochemical industry. Usually chemical engineers take those jobs, but EE also can work in the field if they specialize in process control.
>>
>>8627316
Also I think you can make money with more common EE aplications of control theory too, but I'm not sure, since I'm not an EE.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.