[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Accutane safe? Assuming I don't have the severe side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1485024757745.jpg (142KB, 468x701px) Image search: [Google]
1485024757745.jpg
142KB, 468x701px
Is Accutane safe? Assuming I don't have the severe side effects and only the "mild" ones. I'm afraid of losing my vision at all
>>
It is safe. My brother got clean face after few months of use.
>>
it works but side effects vary

i just got really dry lips during my cycle on it, none of the suicidal tendencies thankfully
>>
>>8624952
What I'm thinking is that if it causes dry lips and all these other somewhat mild symptoms, you are still causing permanent damage, its just not as noticeable. This could even damage your brain since it seems to effect your whole body and can cause mental problems. Its hard to notice slight mental changes.

These drug was originally used in chemotherapy. Not sure what for though but maybe because it can kill you lol
>>
>>8625234
every drug has side effects

its a bit of leap to go from dry lips to permanent damage/brain damage
>>
>>8625353
Some people get severe side effects. Many people get muscle pain and other weird things. And I'm talking mild permanent damage of any sort. If a drug causes you mild but constant muscle pain, and you're on it for many months at a time, I would imagine some sort of damage is being caused. It is known to cause permanent (mild to severe) loss in night vision
>>
>>8624896
It made me feel suicidal, but once i got the clean face stopped taking it and i didn't feel as suicidal anymore. 3+ years later i'm much better and i keep the clean face
>>
Accutane can affect your ability to get nutrients from digested food. It also lowers testosterone.
>>
>>8624896
Try other stuff first.

Benzoyl Peroxide worked for me.
>>
Go into diary free ketosis, trashman.
>>
>>8626093
>never eat fruit again

Into the trash it goes...
>>
>>8625952
I tried it but it made my skin incredibly itchy
>>
>>8626246
Like the other guy said, you should really only consider Accutane as a last resort option. My sister used it, and when I got bad acne my dad pretty much forced my doctor to skip a lot of alternatives in favour of Accutane. It fucked with me pretty badly for a good while, I got really dry (and therefore itchy) skin, incredibly dry lips to the point where I got soars if I didn't use chapstick every day and I got pretty depressed, which kinda stuck with me even after I stopped. Works wonders on acne tho.
>>
>>8625952
if someone has to resort to accutane it's pretty fucking obvious than the usual acne treatments don't work

i'm currently on it, 2nd month and literally the only thing is very dry lips, mentally feeling as fine as ever
>>
File: Image-1-e1480341480484-1024x768.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1-e1480341480484-1024x768.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
I took it and I went from a total crater-face to a solid 7/10 facial aesthetics and haven't had any notable breakouts in 8 years. I don't know why people taking it would think of suicide when you can see week-by-week improvement.

I used to have a before/after pic of my back, but this one I found is pretty much the same
>>
>>8624896
The side effects vary from person to person.
Dry skin is the most common side effect so I would definitely expect that. For me, I experienced very dry lips and also back pain for a while. Personally I think that the benefits outweigh the cons because it stopped my acne completely.
>>
I'm on it right now (halfway into the 3rd month).
Unironically for me the worst side effect is the dry lips. You know how they say that the worst part about climbing a mountain is the pebbles in your shoe? that sort of thing. Every time you try to eat something they tear and they basically never get the chance to heal, you can't laugh or smile properly and so on.
I don't think I had any mental side effects but I generally feel like shit so I don't know if it contributes or not.
At the end of my second month my bacne had cleared completely. My face is doing well but it hasn't recovered completely since I have a lot of cysts and whatnot.
Mind you it can fuck up your liver enzymes at which point you might have to stop for a period of time.
At the end of the day as other anons have pointed out no 2 cases are similar.
Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>8626696
This fucking sucks, either have boils and disease on my face or face kidney and liver and muscle and brain and eye damage.
>>
>>8624896
It's a roll of the dice. I think 85-90% of people tolerate it well. I had a severe reaction. A bunch of my hair fell out, super bloody shits, my night vision got worse, and I was super tired and depressed for a month after taking it.
>>
>>8624896
>tried everything before roaccutane
>nothing worked
>been on roaccutane therapy for over a year
>only side effects were dry skin, lips and suicidal behavior
>i cried without reason at night
> think about killing myself but i had no reason,i was happy
>so my brain tried to came up with reason
>i become nihilist and realized that nothing makes sense ,not even living
>usually suicidal period starts two months after completing therapy
>started working and preparing for med school
>did not have time to thing about nihilism
>depression wear off, face is completely clean
regret nothing
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.