[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm wasting my time and brain power while I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3213.png (59KB, 200x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3213.png
59KB, 200x206px
I feel like I'm wasting my time and brain power while I'm still young. I've always been slightly advanced, but never the smartest in the room even. I know I have the capability to be because I have the want and drive to get there, but I don't know my passions. I want to deeply study subjects but I can't find something that interests me. Anyone else know the feel?
>>
same here, just can't find anything interesting.
>>
Same here dude, what I'm doing is just putting myself in situations where I have to do something to survive. It works, try it.
>>
>>8624605
You sound like you have 0 talents but are still trying to heavily trick yourself into believing you are "smart". Not smart in a particular way, just "smart" in some abstract sense of : ' Okay, I may be shit now but when I finally find my talent then I will be smart '.

Here is a hint, buddy: Smart people don't have that problem. Terence Tao was 3 when he found his passion was pure mathematics.

If you are over 18 (you are here so...) and you still haven't found that thing you are ridiculously good at then you are not smart. Go collect some stamps in the humanities department.
>>
File: 1481736899834.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481736899834.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>8624605
>No idea if I'm intelligent or stupid, or average
>Have lived in total isolation for years, so it's only getting worse
>Dad is too old to think anymore (60), and his vocabulary is horribly stunted due to his rampant drug/alcohol usage
>Shouldn't be smart on account of my genetic composition (1/2 white, but also a 1/4 negroid, 1/4 ameri-indian)
>Only 5'6

I've no clue.
I'll never ever know. I can refute any IQ test I'm given. I can cast doubt on a good score, and like-wise an average score. I don't even know if IQ is a good indicator of intelligence. It feels like you don't have to be incredibly smart to be a doctor.

It's horrible. I just want to be superior to the people around me, but it feels like I'm a total failure compared to all of them.
>>
>>8624621
Not smart in an abstract sense, objectively smart. To be smart in an objective way means to be generally more intelligent than 50% of people. Using standardized testing, I was placed into classes 1 grade level and 2 grade levels ahead of my age, and stayed that way the rest of my career in highschool.

Anyone can praise Terence tao or other geniuses, but I don't aspire to that. I just aspire to be the best version of myself, where the bar might not be set to the sky, but perhaps the ceiling.
>>
>>8624643
Are you in university? Take introductory classes in a bunch of subjects and see which one inspires you the most.
>>
>>8624605
The drive that keeps me studying is knowing one day I will become god of this universe.

Dream big anno.
>>
>>8624643
>To be smart in an objective way means to be generally more intelligent than 50% of people.
By this definition, someone with an IQ of 102 is "smart."

It is not a good definition, because you are not smart.
>>
>>8624621
>If you are over 18 (you are here so...) and you still haven't found that thing you are ridiculously good at then you are not smart.
Says who?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.