[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /sci/, litfag here. I was thinking that it'd be cool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: VjdeKE.jpg (835KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
VjdeKE.jpg
835KB, 1920x1200px
Hi /sci/, litfag here.
I was thinking that it'd be cool to get a telescope.
Is it really worthy and what kind of stuff can you see with a home telescope?
Also, can you recomend a nice telescope arround 100?
>>
>>8623877
you can use it to stretch your anus.
>>
File: 1479166129475.png (2MB, 1186x1353px) Image search: [Google]
1479166129475.png
2MB, 1186x1353px
>>8623882
nice
>>
>>8623877

Well this depends largely on where you live. If you're in a city or near a city you'll see far less due to light pollution. If you live in a more remote area go for it.
>>
File: 1483426252997.jpg (131KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
1483426252997.jpg
131KB, 960x637px
>>8623910
I live in kind of a large village and any recomendations?
>>
>>8623913
http://darksitefinder.com/map/
>>
>>8623942
I'm on ligth orange, what does that mean?
>>
great album btw
>>
>>8623877
For 100 dollars or Euros, I'd recommend binoculars with a bracket to mount them on a tripod. Learn the constellations ("The Stars: A New Way to See Them," by H. A. Rey) and how to find objects. With your budget, you will need to know how to find stuff, as you can't afford a computer-driven scope.
>>
>>8623972
It means you'll want to drive out to a park or campground to go stargazing.
>>
>>8623877

I know there are some star gazing clubs around where I live. Maybe check out some of those before investing.
>>
>>8623877
>>8624917
seconded

Buying a telescope worth your time expect to spend at least 300-500 if not thousands. And are you doing this as a hobby and/or do you have experience with astronomy?

If this is the first time you've found yourself interested I'd say get yourself some binoculars and a star chart for under 50 bucks. A 100 dollar telescope will not show you anything more impressive than a pair of binoculars for the same price. To get the magnification which will produce awe and interest requires spending much more money. And dont waste your money and a crappy telescope in the case you dont think this is your idea of fun. Binoculars will still be useful, a telescope wouldnt be as much.

Start small, develop an interest and then go big.
>>
>>8625246
Also if you're orange then dont go out and buy a telescope unless you're committed to regularly drive out to where there isnt as much light pollution. Using a telescope in a city is incredibly disappointing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.