[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which field has it the worst when it comes to pseudoscience or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1484866161234.png (14KB, 633x524px) Image search: [Google]
1484866161234.png
14KB, 633x524px
Which field has it the worst when it comes to pseudoscience or non-scientist conspiracy theorists? Physics with the electric universe theory and flat earth? Biology with the evolution deniers and anti-vaxers? Engineers and 9/11 conspiracies? Is any field safe? How do we fix this?
>>
>>8623804
homeopathia
>>
Quantum woo is by far the worst
>>
>>8623804
>How do we fix this?

Make it illegal and punishable by fines and jail time for repeat offenders to have any opinions about a topic without having a degree in that topic. So if you are an uninform layman then at best what you can do is agree with people who have degrees, but you cannot legally start discussions on your own or share your opinions.

As easy as that. We may need to start regulating the internet for this. We would need to ask discussion boards like 4chan to add a verified feature like twitter and to get verified you would need to send your personal information to the admins so they can confirm you have a degree in, say, physics. Then you can make threads about theories about the universe.

Then unverified people can post in your thread and say "I agree" or "I don't agree" but if someone unverified goes out to share their theory then they will be given a ban of 24 hours. However, another verified person may come to your thread to share his contrary opinion.

Any person banned like this will also have their IP sent to the NSA to see if they can track you and punish you by giving you a fine or jailtime as explained before. And also any site who does not comply with this regulation will be banned off the internet. Like if a discussion website fails to set new rules and enforce them then they will be the ones who get fines and jailtime.
>>
>>8623804
biology/earth science is probably the worst just because idiotic theories in those fields can actually cause harm

some crank in his basement convinced he's cracked perpetual motion with magnets isn't going to kill people
>>
>>8623804
CS with singularity fags and we wuz mathematicians undergrads
>>
>>8623810
I try and look for a documentary on quantum physics to fall asleep to and 99% of material on the subject is new age consiousness shit.

Quantum physics is probobly the only basic subject of science that is really only accessible at the college level. You try and to teach it to brainlets and high schoolers and they get all kind of rediculous conclusions in their head.
>>
>>8623838
hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahah

mfw im at college learning qm.
>>
Engineers are literally 80% conspiracy theorists. I shit you not. The conspiracy theorists are the norm.
>>
>>8623804
/sci/'s Law: If there is a science there also exists a pseudoscientific movement to deny it.
>>
>>8623844
tell them about energy conservation and they will fall apart.
>>
File: photo.jpg (45KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
45KB, 900x900px
Electrical Engineers who always magically """"""prove"""""" nonsense in maths.
>>
>>8623807
this
homeopathia is such infinite cancer, and everybody in the industrie gets a piece of the cake.
>reckless marketing on medicine with no active ingredient
>selling homeopathia is non restricted because of the lack of active ingredients
>no lenghy and costy studies and r&d of the products because theres nothing in there
>thats perfect when you want to sell it to everyone to make them big $
>homeopathia is pure marketing. no costs for companies except marketing
>actually ill people thinks this crap will help them after dumping their money into homeopathia
>>
>>8623804
Nutrition science
>>
>>8623804
homeopathy, nutrition, and physics (just because so many people want to pretend to know it, and also want to pretend it has deep meaning cause they can't understand the physical meaning)
>>
>>8623804

Anything to do with human biology, especially to do with the mind, has it the worst.

People assume that, because they have a body and a mind, they are geniuses when it comes to anything biology related.

Egocentrism - the achilles heel of humanity.
>>
File: vtXa3ywk.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
vtXa3ywk.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>8623804
I think its computer science and those who refuse to worship the computer god.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.