[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the fine tuned argument makes fedoras and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: creation7.jpg (20KB, 540x233px) Image search: [Google]
creation7.jpg
20KB, 540x233px
Daily reminder that the fine tuned argument makes fedoras and intelectual fedoras extremelly butthurt because it treathens their marxist religion.

Daily reminder that Occam razor proves that the easiest evidence is that the universe was designed meanwhile there's 0 physical evidence beyond mathematical BS to multiuniverses.

I was an atheist before I started to look on the fined tuned argument and the more I look on it, the more it indicates there's is a God.

Elite fedoras have to concede the fine tuned argument, but their solutions are simply pseudoscience.
>>
>>8623760
Fine tuning is just scientists saying "if we weren't here to observe we'd have no way of observing!" And then getting themselves into a metaphysical tizzy because people cant help but find connections or meaning where none exists

But its nice you've gleaned something different anon, though my theory is that you haven't really understood what physicists say when they mean we live in a finely tuned universe
>>
occams razor doesnt prove shit.

Show the proof then
>>
>>8623760
>I was an atheist before I started to look on the fined tuned argument and the more I look on it, the more it indicates there's is a God.

Your metaphysics are shit.
>>
Just a friendly reminder that muh infinite universe nonsense is based on complete pseudoscience and false pretenses.
>>
Why does the universe need an "origin"? The equation "x^2 + y^2 + z^2 + t^2 = 1" is a 3d sphere that appears, steadily grows larger, then steadily diminishes over the course of 2 units of time. The first person to note the existence of that equation and its correspondence to a physical idea didn't "create" anything, they just noted an object that doesn't contradict itself. Why can't our universe just be such a mathematical object?
>>
>>8623857
because we live in minkowsky space.
>>
>Not being a solipsist
>Not accepting that the best explanation, according to occams razor, is that nothing exists at all
>>
>>8623760
Daily reminder that arguements from ignorqnce are fallacies.
>>
>>8623861
>nothing exists at all
are you ignoring the fact that you just wrote this sentense and think about my response ? If so, why are you doing that ?
>>
>>8623760
Clearly you were not born but designed as a genetic experiment since it is inconceivable that all factors would perfectly align by chance to allow you to exist as you are now. This is how stupid the fine-tuning argument is. The solution is to stop believing that you are particularly special and require an explanation.
>>
How do you know who created it then?
Also, isn't it more logical to be inside a simulation than to be created by an immortal, omniscient, and omnipotent being?
>>
>>8623760
>fined tuned argument
>if the universe wasn't fine tuned then there would be no faggots on /sci/ wondering if god created the universe
check mate creationism
>>
File: 1473792820457.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473792820457.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
>>8623760
>"the universe is finely tuned for our existence"
>why's that?
>"because if it were any different then we wouldn't exist as we currently do"
And that's about as close to a good argument in favor of god as you can possibly get. Unfortunately for all theists and deists, it falls apart at the slightest scrutiny because:

1. There's no reason to suggest that if the "physical constants that govern our universe" were any different, then no intelligent life would ever exist in it. In this universe, the values for the gravitational constant and elementary charge were such that after 14 or so billion years, some apes figured out how to shitpost on the internet. Maybe altering one or both of those values would have led to a universe where after 19 billion years, gelatinous squid-people learned how to shitpost on the internet. Google "anthropic principle".

2. There is no reason to believe that if some god created the universe and decided what the "physical constants that govern it" should be was the God of Abraham, or the Flying Spaghetti Demiurge, or whatever. So worshipping any particular god is stupid.

3. There's no evidence to suggest that the gravitational constant or elementary charge constants are arbitrary; they could be FORCED to be what they are due to underlying symmetries that science has yet to discover.

>but muh amplitudes
fuck off
>>
>>8623868
You're correct.
I refuse to believe that my mind would produce something so stupid that doesn't know how to spell "sentence."
Checkmate, dweebs.
>>
>>8623859
Not really. That's only true in areas with no mass (good approximation for many areas, but shit when talking about our universe as a whole).
>>
>>8623760
Life is fine-tuned by chemical evolution for the universe. The universe is not fine-tuned for us.
>>
>>8623999
>universe" were any different, then no intelligent life would ever exist in it. In this universe, the values for the gravitational constant and elementary charge were such that after 14 or so billion years, some apes figured out how to shitpost on the internet. Maybe altering one or both of those values would have
this guy is right, everyone else wrong

its pretty simple

how can you believe god made the universe for us when it is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% empty places, and
99.99999999999999999999999999999999999%
of whats left is extremely hostile to us and/or so far away that it would take an unreasonable amount of time to get there even with faster than light technology which is thought to be impossible because of THE WAY THE UNIVERSE IS
>>
a deity is the opposite of occam's razor

there is nothing simple about an all-powerful being
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.