[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it impossible for one person to invent something revolutionary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Aasteeldrum.jpg (12KB, 350x654px) Image search: [Google]
Aasteeldrum.jpg
12KB, 350x654px
Is it impossible for one person to invent something revolutionary nowadays?
To make a big contribution to engineering from their home garage without tens of thousands of dollars?
>>
>>8622581
>memedrive
>>
>>8622581
Its plausible. We still can't even decide on what special unitary group we should use to describe fundamental physics. I would be skeptical that we even grasp whats going on in the universe
>>
>>8622581
No, see graphene.
>>
It's possible
Why it doesn't happen? People don't put in the time or money, often because they don't have it. Also they are just one person, so their limited work is less likely to find something than everyone else, it's like winning a lottery.

also there is episode of the twilight zone where that happens, its cold fusion.
>>
>>8622581
>To make a big contribution to engineering from their home garage without tens of thousands of dollars?
sexbots
make a good sexbot and youre the next bill gates
>>
>>8622600
>ts cold fusion
why not just take regular fusion and put it in a freezer?
>>
>>8622640
Genius
>>
>>8622581
>tens of thousands of dollars?
I feel there's like a 10-100x mark up due to technical labor on equipment. If you learn how to build things yourself, you cool could bring down the price substantially.

However, low hanging fruit has been picked.
>>
>>8622581
from their garage? not likely at all.

is it possible to make something revolutionary? of course. its implied that something revolutionary would be something that someone has never thought of before.

Did you know we are extremely close to commercializing Lithium Sulfur batteries? did you know that magnesium batteries exist and show promise? did you know that solid state batteries are a thing? a solution discovered overnight could change the entire game in my field but most of the population doesnt know that these things exist. from their perspective all it would look like is "holy shit we use magnesium batteries instead of lithium now!" even though this idea has been developing for over 20 years now.
>>
File: backinmyday-wehadnowadays.jpg (32KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
backinmyday-wehadnowadays.jpg
32KB, 350x500px
>>8622581
>nowadays
you sound like my Grandpa
>>
>>8622581
It is still possible. And I have seen some examples that are revolutionary within their fields.

t.Patent Attorney.
>>
>>8622581
Tony Stark built the arch reactor in a cave with a bunch of scraps. So to answer your question, no.
>>
yap u can make teh next snapchat bro
>>
>>8622581
If you take a look at the incompetence in key positions in modern society most of the revolutionary stuff is probably developed by hermits who have gone into isolation. So the irony that no one will understand them and they have no social platform to gain credibility on.
>>
>>8623407
That is Peter's Principle: everyone advances to their level of incompetence.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.