[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the immune system intelligent/self aware? at least tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: backroung.png (6KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
backroung.png
6KB, 1000x1000px
is the immune system intelligent/self aware?

at least tell me wtf is going on at white blood cells changing direction?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPIzIznmAO0&feature=share

start the video at 35 secoonds
>>
also i'm sick my self would a 200 buck 2000x microscope get me the same results? or do i need a more powerful?
>>
>>8620952
>is the immune system intelligent/self aware?

Isn't it fucking amazing?! I just love this stuff. My immunology professor actually was a neuroscientist but decided to do research and teach in immunology, because the immune system is analogous to a much more understood, slightly dumbed down brain.

Anyway, despite not having eyes, ears, a nose, or a brain, the white blood cell can be quite participatory with its environment. As the video mentioned, the white blood cell is using chemotaxis.

The cell membrane is coated with all sorts of little sensors that help detect the concentration of chemicals in the environment (i.e. analogous to odors and olfactory receptors).

The cell has a mechanism in which it essentially can compare concentrations of chemicals that it detects and follow the gradient to the source of the "odor".

Which "odors" it "decides" to follow depend on the internal biochemistry/state of the cell. So, as a hypothetical situation, if a cell is "hungry" (i.e. low on ATP), the cell might try to find a glucose supply.
>>
>>8620973
would i be able to see the same with a 2000x microscope?
>>
>>8620973
yes it has sensors so it also has a brain. and to me that is just crazy and boggles my brainlet little mind.
>>
>>8620959
>also i'm sick my self would a 200 buck 2000x microscope get me the same results? or do i need a more powerful?

I think it should get you close. It's been a while since I did some wet lab. I think we had a Phase-Contrast microscope that had a green filter.

I was able to see little cells moving around. I was very sad when I saw that my culture got infected (little black bacteria dots vibrating around inside the cells).

Maybe if you sneezed into some water or coughed up some phlegm you could view some of your own.

Bacteria are harder to see. They are very small compared to cells (the size of a mitochondria).

Probably another anon will be able to give more specifics, but, from what I can remember, you should be able to see some interesting activity with a 2000x microscope.
>>
>>8620975

Found a video for you. I think this is probably closer to what you might see with a 2000x,

https://youtu.be/oTyvqPL0cSg?t=155

The video that you were looking at is probably a very expensive microscope or a different type of microscope/technique.
>>
>>8620992
ya i was looking at that also. seems good enough to me to do my own live blood looky poo. im not paying some a hole 130 bucks to do it and try to sell me supplements.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.