[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm studying psychobiology ( psychology degree in the university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: psychology-101_100313_large.jpg (162KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
psychology-101_100313_large.jpg
162KB, 800x450px
I'm studying psychobiology ( psychology degree in the university of Barcelona ) and the more I study it, the more I think something/someone created us. Everything is so complicated and perfect that, fuck off, it's almost impossible.

Have you ever wondered if there's really a ''''god'''' that created us?
>>
>Everything is so complicated
>and perfect that
if by complicated you mean you don;t understand it then how can you say it's perfect. Surely understanding is required to judge something as perfect?

I present this as proof it is not perfect because you did not understand this, which means you are not perfect, and your deductions are wrong.
>>
If you think everything about human cognition or the human brain is so perfect, clearly you haven't been studying psychology for very long.
>>
>>8619322
Its very good at what it does though.
>>
>>8619291
Think about how long its taken to develop the brain. Hundreds of millions of years. If you think about that, it seems like an almost infinitely long period of time. Time enough i think for the brain to develop.
>>
I think more likely "God" = advanced alien science experiment
>>
>>8619291
Humans are just really complicated finite-state automatons. Not really that mind-blowing.

Also, not even close to perfect.
>>
>>8619364
But that makes less sense. You just get an infinite alien regress until you get to god.
>>
>>8619291
>so complicated
What specifically do you find complicated? It's fuckloads of neurotransmitters and synchronization between neurons. Only thing that bugs me is self-awareness.

>and perfect
yeah nah
>>
>>8619390
Ha, im the opposite to you, i find the whole thing really complicated but feel self-awareness would be kind of just a natural follow on from figuring that stuff out in a way, though obviously still a complicated part of it.
>>
Psychology and sociology

The two hardest sciences there are
>>
>perfect

Perfect compared to what?

>Its almost impossible

Why?
>>
Hey jo estic a la Universitat de Girona company! Et veig molt a tope amb Déu i tal haha!
>>
We act like atoms. Its all about balance and cause and effect.
>>
I kinda feel the same way as you but when I think about math. Right now I'm on first year of a physics major, so I just tarted learning calculus and algebra (I'm not really counting what I was taught in Highschool because the level was pretty low). And so I just realized how everything seems to fit in math, it feels like it's too well made to be human's work. But it is, because there's no god (or so I like to think).

Human brain is really complex, but it's far from perfect. You should just think about it from an evolutive perspective, the fitter ones are who manage to reproduce and give birth to a new generation with their DNA. This has been happening for millions and millions of years, so it's only natural to it to be sofisticated. But I have no idea where the ego or self awareness came from.
>>
>>8619890
I think I should have used the word Degree instead of Major, but I'm not really sure about the difference
>>
>>8619407
Well exactly. Apply this logic to how the brain functions. From communication between two neurons. Then consider the brain from its most primitive parts like the medulla oblongata and cerebellum and see how bundles of nerve cells interact, then go up in complexity by adding long term potentiation and depression and other factors until you get to the prefrontal cortex, which is the most recently developed part. This is all really basic reading I've done but if you look more into neurobiology you'll get the hang of it. The problem is the number of neurons that interact is pretty big. It's logical otherwise.
>>
>>8619890
Math is a language made by humans to describe the universe. Of course everything fits, otherwise it would not have been used.
>>
>>8619291
No matter how impossibly unlikely you think something is, the universe will make it happen, because the universe is that fucking big.
>>
>>8619291
> It's another "everything is too perfect to not be created"

Do you think we have dominion over microbes? Our immune system is readily and easily tricked. Retroviruses aren't even living and still fuck us over.

Let's not forget actual living microorganisms that kill us if we get a cut and don't have the antibiotics to treat it (and they won't have much effect within the next century anyway)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.