[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do emotional stress affect our physical body? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1485002581131.jpg (219KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1485002581131.jpg
219KB, 2048x1365px
Why do emotional stress affect our physical body? What's the evolutionary purpose of this?
>>
>evolutionary purpose
Quite the memester, aren't you...
Evolution has no purpose, tons of good, bad and neutral variations occur, good and neutral ones survive, bad ones don't. This doesn't happen via a guided mechanism, it is random.
There is no way to suggest emotional stress is beneficial to survival or reproduction yet. I might just have no effect
>>
>>8618802
I agree that effects of emotional stress isn't something connected to the prior benefits, it's probably a random consequence

But I'm getting tired of this "purpose of evolution" semantical nazism
Of course evolution doesn't have a purpose, fucking duh
But it is much more convenient to word it that way than saying "how was that mechanism beneficial for this organism to he point that it is still here/widespread/bla bla"
>>
>>8618823
it doesn't have to be beneficial for it to be widespread

your rewording is still as retarded as
>What's the evolutionary purpose of this?
>>
>But I'm getting tired of this "purpose of evolution"
Same. Evolution, BY DEFAULT, needs to produce a bunch of characteristics that aren't helpful to anyone. Then the very few characteristics that do work the best get passed on. All the flaws are there on purpose, because every once in a while a flaw, becomes an asset.

vs intelligent design
>What's god's purpose for this?
>Well...... god likes to see people suffer. It's why he invented hell.
>>
Everyone goes through a rapid aging around that age, it's not stress related.
>>
>>8618844
>Then the very few characteristics that do work the best get passed on.
It's more like, the few characteristics that go horrifically badly DON'T get passed on.

Everything else gets passed on to varying degrees, with the best ones only having a slight advantage.
>>
>>8618800
Obama was 47 when he took office and is 55 now.

People age a lot in 8 years you know.
>>
>>8618800
>What's the evolutionary purpose of this?
Why do you ask about an evolutionary purpose to aging?
>>
>>8618800
Can you imagine how hard it must be to be Obama?

You spend eight years trying to destroy America only to fail miserably
>>
>>8618800
Breaking news: people age.
>>
>>8618864
>>8618844

You guys make it seem like emotion was just a random trait that we mutated with.
>>
>>8618823
I wouldnt say it was random in a physical or energetic or entropic sense or whatever because it directly affects your autonomic nervous system and therefore rest of body but probably the benefit of having emotions and stress responses is by far more valuable than its costs.
>>
>>8618800
This one isn't a very good example, he hasn't aged that much (I mean it's been almost 10 years).
>>
>>8618800
Evolution is a lie.
>>
>>8619182
Oh, a Trump voter. That explains a lot.
>>
>>8618824
lrn2read fgt
>>
>>8619391
Oh, a Hillary voter. That explains a lot.

Low T is an awful thing I've heard.
>>
>>8619415
Lets get back to evolution.
>>
>>8618800
He actually doesn't look that worn out, he just looks 8 year older. If you want to see someone who really got JUSTed look at Bill.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.