[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here like to learn about stuff on their own, outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1464569642850.jpg (102KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464569642850.jpg
102KB, 1280x960px
Does anybody here like to learn about stuff on their own, outside of classes?

Give me some advice... cuz I'm finding it hard to find the motivation for this.
>>
Numberphile
>>
>>8618103
Is numberphile a website? I suppose I can google that, but I am also interested in learning as much as I possiblt can about anything and everything. Just enrolled in my first year of college, (20 years old), I want to be an aerospace engineer or at least have that degree. I'm trying to stary my own business based on whatever my friends and I can come up with while at a 4 year school.
>>
File: willhuntinggphx.jpg (69KB, 640x525px) Image search: [Google]
willhuntinggphx.jpg
69KB, 640x525px
90% of the stuff I know I learnt it on the internet.

Im from fucking Argentina and I speak english because I spent my entire life browsing internet, becauses school's english is shit. Im the only one of all my former classmates who does.
>>
>>8618081

I would say internet is becoming a nice substitute for schools BUT you need to develop more skills than just studying (science implied), you have to practice an sport, a language and an art.

Also, what works for me is downloading PDF's and printing them, is way more cheaper and I can highlight text while writing on it, usually printed text helps me more than internet videos or webpages.
>>
I'm still and undergrad but what I've been learning as of late is just taking the initiative to learn what you want. With resources like your university/college library and the Internet you can more or less teach yourself alot of material. Only downside is you are not getting the hands on which is why you should find a good internship over what you like to actually learn the physical skills. If I could I would just be doing lab work all the time because most classes feel like 90% busy work and wasted time in lecture.
>>
>>8618307

That's neat. I am taking some baby steps to try to learn Japanese from the internet. Good to know that it is possible.

Every single programming technique, I of course learned from the internet. College was a big waste of time.
>>
>>8618103
>>8618286
numberphile?
fucking kys i can already imagine the pretentiousness

http://www.mathpages.com/home/
the GOAT
>>
>>8618081
> Does anybody here like to learn about stuff on their own, outside of classes?
Seeing as I haven't been in class in years.
Yeah
> Give me some advice... cuz I'm finding it hard to find the motivation for this.
I don't know what to tell you.
My searches/studies always start with "I want to know thing" or "Why is this that way?"
Then it becomes an obsessive pursuit.
Do you not have any burning questions living inside you?
What's that like?
>>
>>8620708
Do Anki for your first 2000 Kanji then start reading doujin and VNs.
>>
>>8618081
It's normal for future mathematicians and physicists. Although it's a bit different than what you're talking about. You have to learn all sorts of things and eventually you'll be learning stuff that so few people know there are no classes for them. Thankfully these are usually written down in books or whatever.
>>
File: 1483648902996-r9k.jpg (158KB, 908x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483648902996-r9k.jpg
158KB, 908x1000px
Learning is for faggots
>>
>>8620800
You probably don't even know about -1/12 you fucking ignoranus.
>>
>>8620941
>-1/12
numberphile's worst videos ever, just pissing in your face without explaining anything
>>
>>8620817
>Do you not have any burning questions living inside you?
I think I perhaps do, but I haven't been introspective enough to discover them.

Any questions I conjure up always seem somehow contrived. I question whether or not I really am curious about that thing or not.

I probably have a mental illness.
>>
I learn way too much stuff on the side. It's like I am already way more interested in the stuff I do in my free time so I don't study for my actual major anymore.

There are a ton of books for free on the internet. Especially if you have a university license, you can pretty much get anything. That + countless guides and forums, it's easy af to learn stuff by yourself.

Just do whatever interests you. Bonus points if it has to do something with your major
>>
>>8618081
If you don't do this you shouldn't be in a university
>>
>>8620948
yeah, ramanujan sure is a dumbass
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.