[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm gonna go driveby some rival gang with my homies from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: shooting_from_a_car.png (37KB, 485x351px) Image search: [Google]
shooting_from_a_car.png
37KB, 485x351px
So I'm gonna go driveby some rival gang with my homies from the hood, and we realized we have some trouble with the physics of shooting from a car. Pic related.

Which one is correct? The top one or the bottom one?
Assume the car is moving at a constant speed. The crosshair is always at the same relative distance (and same angle) ahead of the car (you could say it's moving with the car). And I fire a gun pointing at the crosshair.
Does the bullet continue its course towards the crosshair at the next moment in time? Or will it fall behind as the car (and crosshair) keep moving at the same speed?

Also, does this depend on the speed of the bullet? I mean if hypothetically the bullet were slower than the car, would it change the result?
Also assume there's no air friction and gravity and stuff like that unless it's really important.
>>
ur in the same inertial frame homie
just think about if ur both at rest brutha
peace
>>
velocity is basically additive, so if youre moving towards them and aim at them, youll overshoot

prefire, nigga
>>
>>8617301
Just use a high rate of fire weapon and put down lots of rounds.
>>
>>8617301
You'll experience at most about 10th the original vector of bullet added in the car direction
So if your aim is perfect, the bullet will land to the right of your target according to the picture, if we ignore ballistics and aerodynamics
>>
I think I get it, thanks for the replies
>>8617352
This is because the bullet is faster than the car, right?
>>
>>8617369
NOTHING is faster than bullet.
>>
>>8617384
except bigger bullet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.