[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there superhot peppers but not superhot garlic, superhot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: s-l1000.jpg (52KB, 1000x751px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
52KB, 1000x751px
Why is there superhot peppers but not superhot garlic, superhot ginger, superhot black pepper, or even super citrusy lemon or super sweet blueberries?
>>
Because you are not beloved by God.
>>
>not buying super citrusy lemons
>>
>>8616764
Different receptors perceive things differently, and evolutionary pressures drive different plabts differently
>>
>>8616764
And why are there no superhot women that will fuck me? Now THAT is a real question.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170118-081045.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170118-081045.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>8616764
Your answer is well, relative to either the tastes of certain people but also them chemicals that keep out lemons lemony and our blue berries sweet. Cap-say-son becuase im to fucking lazy to work out how to spell it is the chemmy that makes peppers hot, it takes very low volumes of caprisun to make peppers hot, as apposed to glucose or natural sugar that makes blue berries sweet and citric acid that makes lemons sour. It takes pretty high amounts of citric acid per volume of lemon to make it really sour. So it sort of tops out based on the amount of glucose and citric acid the plant can produce. Its apparently really hard for a plant to citric acid into a fruit, but what should i know im not a lemon tree. Anyways, plamts themselves need glucose and i dont suppose there is any excess being produced. Only enough to allow the seed inside its fruit to grow and survive. So that would be the limiting factor. Caprisun or whatever the fuck that spicy shit is, dosent help the plant to grow it acts as a deterent from predators, so i GUESS the pepper plant directly bennefits from putting more caprisun in the pepper to ward of predators, mainly birds. So perhaps hotter peppers grow in regions where there is more birds/threats to the plant.
>>
>>8616764
Because nobody has cared enough to breed/ cultivate them that way. Go do it and then we'll buy them from you.
>>
>>8616800
What about super spicy garlic?

>>8616852
So you're saying it's possible and peppers just got a head start and that's it?
>>
>>8616764
There are processes to shrivel and alter garlic (etc) to be as superhot: and as hazardous to your health. If you haven't found any yet and you give up looking, you'll have to invent the process yourself; or make do with the superhot hot peppers. Do you have any idea what that's doing to your body? Your intestines, bowels and rectum? That is some nasty addiction you have when the damage only begins with increasing the risk of prostate cancer. Sorta like eating gasoline gel, burning its way through your system.
>>
File: 1370652980598.jpg (33KB, 338x310px) Image search: [Google]
1370652980598.jpg
33KB, 338x310px
>>8616873
Capsaicin does no harm to the body you dumbass.
>>
>>8616800
You got the last part backwards, capsaicin actually wards off any predators that aren't birds, like fungi or mammals. Birds' pain receptors are mostly insensitive to capsaicin so they can still eat the peppers and disperse the seeds in a larger area than mammals would.

To add to OPs question, it's because pure capsaicin is hotter than the pure form of whatever chemicals that make other food items spicy.

Capsaicin - 16,000,000 Scoville
Piperine (in Black Pepper) - 100,000 Scoville
Gingerol (in Ginger) - 60,000 Scoville
Allicin (in Garlic) - Couldn't find a Scoville value on this one

There are some chemicals that are even hotter though where just small amounts could easily kill you, such as resiniferatoxin, which occurs in the plant Euphorbia resinifera and in its pure form ranks at 16,000,000,000 Scoville.
>>
>>8616882
Isn't the Scoville scale for capsaicin alone?
>>
>>8616892
Scoville methodolgy could be applied to anything since its just a measure of dilution, but usually its spicy stuff yeah
>>
>>8616911
Methodology changed, it's now purely chemistry AFAIK. Not sure how it relates to non-capsaicin alkaloids
>>
File: chilihotti.jpg (125KB, 1336x796px) Image search: [Google]
chilihotti.jpg
125KB, 1336x796px
>>8616764
if you have the access, you might find this paper (pic related) interesting

if you don't have access and you want to read it, I can dropbox it
>>
>>8616764
Good question. There are six legs on most insects. Why can't dogs have six legs? Or people have four? Hmmmm...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.