[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /sci/ quick question about gravity. If gravity is real,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: isitflat.jpg (524KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
isitflat.jpg
524KB, 2048x2048px
Hey, /sci/ quick question about gravity. If gravity is real, shouldn't all spheres have gravity if the Earth does? Why can't I float marbles around a bowling ball?
>>
>>8615812
is this a real question ?
>>
>>8615812
a bowling ball is sitting on the fabric of space time if its in earths gravity
>>
Obviously because gravity is a hoax OP
>>
>>8615812
Why not float bowling balls around a marble?
>>
>>8615812
Because marbles arent made out of rock you fucking idiot.
>>
>>8615812
The earth is flat
>>
Absolutely. Haven't you ever wondered why household objects orbit your mom?
>>
>>8615812
They do have gravity.
There are greater forces working on the Ball thou so its own gravity becomes insignificant.

If you removed every other mass in the universe the ball would attract the marble.
>>
>>8615812
>shouldn't all spheres have gravity
gravitation is a function of mass, it has nothing to do with shape, spherical or otherwise

>Why can't I float marbles around a bowling ball?
Because the earth is pulling them down, obviously. Hypothetically if you were in deep space with little or no external gravitational influence, you could orbit bowling balls, marbles, rocks, whatever if you did it very precisely.

Of course if you were in a spaceship, the material of the ship would also exert it's own pull, as would your own physical presence.
>>
>>8615812
You can with enough time and absence of other forces to effect the path
>>
>>8615812
dumb sphereposter
>>
>>8615812
Gravity comes from mass not shape the reason objeact with a lot of gravity are spheres is because gravity pulls them into that shape
>>
>>8615812
Gravity is the weakest force.
>>
>>8615812
the force of a bowling ball on a marble is very small, the force of the earth on the moon is very big. since the force of the bowling ball is small, things like other gravity or people poking it, have more influence. but for the moon to do something other than orbit, you'd need to have a separate force as big as the earth's gravity.
>>
A better question would be, "If gravity is real, shouldn't our eyes be real?"
>>
Fuck off with this shit. Retards cherrypicking idiotic posts from even more idiotic threads and you cunts are actually replying to the OP. JUST IGNORE THIS GARBAGE!
>>
>>8615812
>Why can't I float marbles around a bowling ball?
Not enough M.
>>
File: image.gif (658KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
658KB, 250x178px
Holy fuck /sci/ this is the most cancerous and kekworthy thread I have seen on this board
>>
>>8619573
>kekworthy
kek
>>
>>8615812
Because they're of the same sex. It's always those betamales who are orbiting women, not betamales orbiting other betamales.
>>
>>8619577
Topcocks
>>
File: 148279583603455.jpg (160KB, 760x430px) Image search: [Google]
148279583603455.jpg
160KB, 760x430px
>>8615812
TOP KEK TOP KEK TOP KEK TOP KEK TOP KEK TOP KEK TOP KEK
>>
>>8615812
The earth isnt even perfectly spherical how the fuck would it have gravity anyway?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.