[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to teleport a person without killing them by transferring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: DP830902.jpg (145KB, 443x625px) Image search: [Google]
DP830902.jpg
145KB, 443x625px
is it possible to teleport a person without killing them by transferring the neural arrangement flawlessly in a data packet?

what would differentiate this from your brain rewriting neural mappings other than time?

i thought his because of a situation where if you lose half your body to an accident, you try to salvage your CNS as much as possible to retain motor functions and cognition if its impaired as well, but in the case where you lose all of it you can't really try and condense it physically, but digitally would it be possible? like say you knew you were going to die and had yourself not just recorded, but actually converted into a storage device so that the whole copy/destruction process doesn't occur. would this circumvent the problem?

of course you can't teleport this object, but as you refine this so called CNS compression process and improve transportation methods, would it be possible to at some point treat it as an approximation of teleportation?
>>
>is it possible to teleport
no
>>
nope, it will still be a different human being, since the signals aren't "original' anymore
>>
Why do people still believe in emergent identities? Isn't it obvious that they aren't real because of all the problems the idea faces?
>>
>>8613526
You aren't moving the individual, you are copying and pasting them somewhere else. You kill the original and make a copy in their place.

This is why I'd never teleport in Star Trek. They proved this when they made a second Commander Riker.
>>
Is the transporter problem the single easiest way to expose pseuds?
>>
>>8613526
we are not just data
consciousness is caused by chemical reactions in the brain, if you destroy it suddenly, you are lost in the process
>>
>>8613703
Do you have any evidence that the chemical reactions in the brain produce a soul or whatever the fuck you call the magical substance that makes each human unique?
>>
>>8613708
if the other option is to gain chromosomes and believe on magical souls, then yes
>>
>>8613717
You can't read OR write.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.