[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What areas would I need to study to get into theoretical plasma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What areas would I need to study to get into theoretical plasma physics? Especially dealing with turbulence? Currently an undergrad physics major taking stat mech and a masters-level EM sequence which will cover some magnetohydrodynamics. I haven't had any fluid mechanics, I'm assuming I'll need that
>>
why dont you go to your local institute and ask someone ?
>>
>>8612412
Yeah, talking to your smartest and/or friendliest profs is the best bet, even if they are not in that field chances are they could point you in the right direction.

Also, just pirate some books off libgen and see what they recommend as prerequisites in the introduction.
>>
>>8612412
Personality problems. Plus didn't so great, kinda embarrassing to ask them.
>>
>>8612420
I'm OP, but are you me?
>>
>>8612420
you know what ? STOP CARING. people not doing great get professors sometimes. they will either help you or tell you to fuck off, which i dont think. just go to office hours. you will feel better afterwards and you will be one step further in fighting your personality problems or simply not caring about them.
>>
>>8612420
>>8612428
ok maybe youre chizo. go also to a psychodoc for help.
>>
>>8612408
fluid mechanics, a lot of numerical simulation, besides that, not so sure. It's not a very big field, so you should really find someone in the field and ask. Don't be shy--the people competing with you for spots won't be.
>>
was chemical engineering the right degree if I want to go to grad school for nanomaterials/nanotech? I'm thinking of going for an MEng in mechanical or chemical or materials engineering.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.