[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66 /wr/mm6601a7.htm?s_cid=m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6601a7.htm?s_cid=mm6601a7_w

How long til the post-antibiotic era hits us?
>>
It won't because at that point the free market will solve it by development of new antibiotics

Right now the entire medical industry is sitting on their laurels.

Whereas they used to be dedicated to new drug production they just spend 95% on advertising for boner pills

Once the public and the government lights fire under their ass they will actually pump out some new fucking drugs that aren't memes but right now they're more concerned with meme drugs
>>
>>8613499
Mind that there's still a huge research effort going on to discover new drugs. The thing that really stands in the way is the clinical trials are much more rigorous and demanding these days; a drug has to be damn near well perfect to get through phase III. If it gets to the point where infections are commonly causing mortality again, you can basically guarantee that the stringency of trials will be reduced to deal with it. At least until the resistant strains eventually lose the resistance genes for safer drugs due to their dis-use.

Of course, that's not to say that clinical drug research shouldn't be better funded than it currently is.
>>
I don't want to live in that era :(
>>
>>8613595
Don't worry, you won't live in it for very long.
>>
>>8613600
:)
>>
File: Hyperforin2DACS.svg.png (6KB, 225x189px) Image search: [Google]
Hyperforin2DACS.svg.png
6KB, 225x189px
>>8613499
This

As soon as western countries start to be threatened by tropical and antibiotic resistant disease the private sector pharmaceutical industry will kick onto motion to cover it's own arse.

For now the only "serious" research being done is in underfunded university departments and even there the only impetus is to publish. Too many compounds don't make it anywhere near preclinical development after their initial research groups move on to something else.

If anti-biotic resistance was such a problem you wouldn't have so many unemployed medicinal chemists.
>>
>>8613578
The FDA needs to fucking be nuked and replaced with something less autistic. If penicillin were invented today it wouldn't even make it out of phase II.

Furthermore I don't see why we aren't approving medical treatments done in other first world countries. Give me literally one reason we shouldn't automatically approve a drug that was developed and proven safe in Germany or the UK.

spoiler alert: it's because of the money. it costs billions to make it through just phase 2.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.