[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aren't teacher and teaching university staff biggest losers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: pink1.jpg (20KB, 398x435px) Image search: [Google]
pink1.jpg
20KB, 398x435px
Aren't teacher and teaching university staff biggest losers in the world.

> pass knowledge to other people's children so they can have successful career
> while earning nickels
> while neglecting own family
> while having no stable position
> while being mocked

If in capitalism there is no society why should I make a sacrifice for other people?
>>
some private schools and colleges give decent pay
>>
>>8611354
fpbp also my post >>8611424

Being a STEM major and teach at secondary level makes you the biggest loser, however, being a Professor at a nice un won't make you look bad since you (usually) have a nice salary of 80+k/yr if you become full professor, get into good research and don't have to deal with kids since you could be with the MS people.
>>
>>8611354
>If in capitalism there is no society
confusedafroamerican.jpg
>>
I'm Austrian, both my parents are high school teacher and the pay is very good. It is a quite highly regarded position here too and you cannot be laid off unless you fuck up really badly.
>>
>>8611354
I think what you mean is:
>while getting a more than decent pay
>while having a stable position
>while not having to make much effort
>while getting plenty of vacation time
>>
It's the most noble.

I hate all you fucking undergrads.
>>
>>8611354
It's literally life on easy mode once you taught a class for the third or fourth time. Also you can't really fuck it up if you know your shit since it's a 100% controlled environment with almost no risks of any kind.
>>
>>8611354
I mean, if cranks like Wildberger can keep their position after all these years of denying mathematics then I think university professor is a pretty stable position.
>>
>>8611354

But who cares? If they find fun teaching, let them fucking teach as long as it's not some retarded shit.

If you're qualified enough and have shown you have the knowledge and ability to use it, I'm sure if you worked as a professor on an university, you would get called occasionally to help out in research and projects by numerous organisations and such, depending on your field of study.
>>
File: public sanitation professional.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
public sanitation professional.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
>>8611354
>non-tenure track professors
>>
Honestly I would love to be a teacher, but they are treated so poorly here in the US that it just is not worth the effort or the suffering
>>
Maybe you should do some research about your teachers.
All that I have had do research at the same time and have already accomplished a lot in their lifes.
>>
>>8611354
>If in capitalism there is no society why should I make a sacrifice for other people?

You are talking like a capitalist -- a short-term-thinking, nearsighted, utilitarians that cannot see beyond their nose.

Life is multi-faceted. There are many reasons to become a professor, especially in the US.

I heard becoming a professor in China is actually kind of crappy.
>>
Is it really that bad ?

I always wanted to become a college professor after I have my own career.

My college professors are all really cool, they dont give a fuck and seem to enjoy what they do, they are very chill and funny, they always talk to us and make jokes.

Also you dont have to deal with high school teens and you are respected
>>
>>8614877

Not it isn't really that bad, but how bad it is heavily depends on which country, college, and field you become a professor in.
>>
>>8614970
I think op was talking about high school teachers
>>
>>8611354
wtf i hate teachers now
>>
A professor's primary job is to do research and obtain grants. Teaching is just something extra they have to do to give back to the community. That said many professors don't give a single fuck about teaching so they will just phone it in and make the TAs do all the work, and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>8611354
Look here, undergrad, you don't know how hard it is to do well in STEM. I want you to really remember this post 10 or so years later when you are too mediocre to even get a job in a teaching uni. You probably don't even go to a top ten school and so are destined to be mid-tier for life. I hope you look back on this post and cringe, I know I would if I were you.
>>
>>8614865
>go to uni for 10 years
>get professor work in bumfuck middle america
>make less than the janitor
>will probably be 'laid off' when they find an experienced professor in your place
>have to go to another bumfuck middle america state to find a position
Reasons to be a professor in the US?
Zero job security
Pittance for income
All to teach people how to make more money and have a better life than you
Yeahhhhhh there is no reason to be a professor in the US unless you a tenure professor for an Ivy school
>>
>>8611428
If you want a permanent position at a respectable university you're not a teacher you're a researcher that has to teach on the side.
>>
>>8611354
Here in Canada, being a teacher is a pretty awesome job. You get paid basically the same as professors, have a shit load of days off, and you get to feel smug teaching calc 1 to babies. Problem is that there are way more teachers than needed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.