[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I got a brain transplant will I still be me or will be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1484558633970.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484558633970.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
If I got a brain transplant will I still be me or will be the person who brain I got?
>>
>>8608030
>brain transplan
wtf are you talking about ?
if you get a completely new brain youre dead, because you have severed all the nerves in your back and cant atteach them all back in the right way. also you are then trapped in the brain you threw into the bin. this means ur ded.
>>
>>8608030
I think you have little in the way of brain to transplant.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
>>
File: bee.jpg (104KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
bee.jpg
104KB, 960x925px
>>8608030
"you" exist physically solely in your heart, your brain isn't really that important to you
>>
>>8608048
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus
you retard that is no ship of theseus case, you get your BRAIN replaced. your experiencing of reality and your conciousness is in the structure and function of your brain, replace it with a TRANSPLANT and no completely same object, because that is physically not possible and youre still in the brain that was removed. YOU are YOUR consciousness.
>>
>>8608035
But what if you hotswap the brain severing and connecting only a few nerves at a time?
>>
>>8608064
>YOU are YOUR consciousness.
[citation needed]
>>
>>8608043
That's exactly why I need a new one genius.
>>
>>8608084
no citation needed. try to shot yourself in the head and you will see that i am right.
>>
Assuming it's possible to do a brain transplant, I don't think so. Your unique consciousness is stored in the physical structure of your brain and every brain is different.
>>
File: 1457423404104.jpg (72KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1457423404104.jpg
72KB, 612x612px
>>8608030
Since the brain doesn't just house the consciousness, it IS consciousness, no.

if you need proof of this, consider people who receive traumatic brain injury and undergo rapid changes in personality. or any of the number of brain diseases which do the exact same thing.

the brain and consciousness are for all practical purposes the same thing, or so closely entwined that we cannot meaningfully differentiate them.
>>
>>8608208
>Since the brain doesn't just house the consciousness, it IS consciousness, no.

>the brain and consciousness are for all practical purposes the same thing

lol it's like he's trying to get everything as wrong as he possibly can
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.