[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to get prepared for college so when I enroll in engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1472175807676.jpg (76KB, 645x858px) Image search: [Google]
1472175807676.jpg
76KB, 645x858px
So I want to get prepared for college so when I enroll in engineering I'll be able to take calculus I, looking at Khan Academy I want to do Algebra, Geometry, Trig, Pre Calc and Statistics and Probability. Is this the proper course I should take to be prepared or should I skip through Stats and Prob?
>>
>>8608016
Algebra, Trigonometry, and Pre-calc (exponentials and logarithms) are the most important subjects.
>>
>>8608026
What is precalc? We dont have it in my country
>>
>>8608026
So should I just skip over Geometry and Stats and Prob? I would like to be able to take a placement test and qualify to be able to take Calculus I or close
>>
>>8608044
Look, if you want to just do calculus use khan academy, if you want to understand it like the back of your hand watch professor Leonard.
>>
>>8608044
basic geometry postulates were useful, stats and prob I would worry about basic probability and null hypothesis testing (if you're interested in research)
>>
>>8608016
stats and prob won't be involved in calc shit at all.

know your trig, alg and geometry. these three are your core foundation for calc. you will also be immensely grateful if you have a strong knowledge of geo and trig once you start doing your calc based phys.
>>
>>8608016
This is exactly what I did when I went back to college and it was perfect. You should able to do each of the problems in the two review pages in the top right

http://www.stewartcalculus.com/media/10_home.php

See if you need to brush up on anything once you do your khan academy review.
>>
So I'll skip stats and prob but should I do the Geometry part yes or no? Final question

Thanks for your guys help in advance
>>
>>8608044

I've never seen probability or statistics in any placement exam.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.