[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lost statistics kek here. I felt like lost ever since I took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: CIMG0001.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0001.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
A lost statistics kek here.
I felt like lost ever since I took some unilateral CS classes. My imagination is entirely gone.

Lost all motivation. I have some books that have been collecting dust for close to a year. Haven't had the time to go through, but it's mostly a motivation problem.

What one does /sci/ recommend?
>>
>>8606852
Oh look, another book collector who prefers shitposting on /sci/ instead of reading the books available to them.
>>
>>8606852
>KEKDA
>not OpenMPI
>>
>>8606856
It's probably cheaper to speed things up with cuda. I initially got interested in cuda for data analysis.
>>
> motivation problem

The books in the pic look genuinely interresting. Just imagin your end goal, I'm guessing you want to make big bucks in a hedge fund or work on AI.
Get hyped by imagining yourself working on cool projects in the future. Even better, start right now.
When you hit a deadend because of your own limitations I think you'll be more motivated to learn.
>>
>>8606856
Just looked up cuda and mpi. It sounds interesting but probably over-kill for what I would do.
>>
>>8606876
Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>8606874

That is a part of the problem. I lost my end goal. Before taking some random CS classes I could imagine my end goal, and I knew how to get there. But, so much of someone telling me how to exactly do things and trying to think like someone else, made me loose that ability.
>>
>>8606899
It's called burnout.
>>
>>8606914
Yeah, I think you're right. Some professors are probably more likely to cause a burnout than others. The CS classes were not involved but were entirely time-consuming and mostly just busy work. My chief complaint about them is the lack of academic freedom and that they expect you to be a mind reader.
>>
>>8606929

There is no real solution. Perhaps try meditation, or study break for a year or so.
And obviously lower your workload, you probably got overwhelmed.
>>
>>8606935
Thanks anon for the input.
It's one thing working on projects that you have some academic freedom in, you can spend a lot of time at it and not feel bombarded with work. But, if someone is micromanaging every aspect of you learning, it becomes so much more painful. I could even see the tiredness in the TA's eyes.
>>
>>8607010

Have you tried counseling?
>>
>>8606852
>cuda
>Not OpenCL

fail.
>>
>>8607477
Both are shit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.