[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anyone can get a science/math phd if they try hard enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1477031303921.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1477031303921.png
98KB, 612x491px
>anyone can get a science/math phd if they try hard enough

is this true guys? Assuming the "people" are perfectly healthy and intact, of average intelligence ect

Can even a stupid face like me go to college at 25 and start a career path to become astrophysicist?
>>
>anyone can do it
>at 25
I don't think they mean ANYONE anyone
>>
im a brainlet and im one semester away from finishing my graduate studies

nowadays universities are just degree factories so yes anyone can do it
>>
You're 25 stop daydreaming about becoming an astrophysicist and chase the money.
>>
File: 1469407268511.jpg (11KB, 275x221px) Image search: [Google]
1469407268511.jpg
11KB, 275x221px
How can a stupid retard like me, who lost his highschool degees years ago, never took the SAT, get into Harvard? Is it possible? Can anyone really do this?
>>
>>8603060
What if I don't want to chase money. What if I want to (daydream about) becoming an astrophysicist much more than anything else that money could buy.
>>
>>8603072
Matt Damon did it, you can doo!
>>
>>8603048
>Can even a stupid face like me go to college at 25 and start a career path to become astrophysicist?

My friend did. I think he was even a couple years older than you actually.

He ended up in geophysics at Stanford though.

He was extremely clever and motivated though. Way more motivated than I have seen almost anyone.
>>
>>8603074
money can buy you dignity, anon, the ability to not depend on other people like a leech, which will allow you to look other people in the eyes.
money is good.
>>
I believe when you're motivated and focused with an iron will you can achieve (almost) anything. If you can see it, you obviously can reach it. Not overnight but step by step.
>>
>>8603048
>Can even a stupid face like me go to college at 25 and start a career path to become astrophysicist?

Yup, will take more work certainly as you'll have to make up for lost knowledge, but totally doable.
>>
>>8603128

>lost knowledge

You're an idiot.

>>8603048
Yes, OP. Just work hard and you will be fine. Most PhD scientists are not legendary geniuses, but normal people who have worked hard and dedicated themselves to becoming experts in a given field.

Science is a collaborative effort between a tremendous number of people in research groups from all over the world, there are never any solo-special-snowflakes who really matter. You absolutely can be a part of that effort at any point in life, assuming you're willing to put in the time and energy.
>>
>>8603105
>money is good
Money is the single most evil thing humankind has eber convinced of, anon
>>
>>8603105
I can already do that. I was talking about above base necessities. Above base necessities, money cannot buy you your life's dream. Yeah, it can help you get an education and better yourself, but it won't guarantee you'll reach the heights you dream of reaching.
>>
>>8603048
there are essentially three possibilities: the school or your adviser drop you due to inadequate progress, your adviser pushes you through just to get rid of you and/or you become one of those 10 year long phd students.

just trying hard enough for phd might not be enough. tougher schools and advisers do monitor their students progress, and if you can't step up to the plate they will drop you. shittier schools will probably push you through but you'll take longer than normal to finish.
>>
File: 1483606444678.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483606444678.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
>>8603337
I dont even understand what a phd is

so I have to write a book about my own personal research and submit it?
>>
>>8603072
Why do you want to go to Harvard? Just because it's Harvard is a bad reason. If anything go to state school, do very well, research with someone who is connected to those university via alumni and then get in. That's what I did.
>>
It's obviously a troll post.
>>
>>8603316
It lets us abstract trading which encourages specialization which increases general prosperity. I respectfully disagree. Money is the only thing that has allowed us to move past farming and onto shitposting on somalian cake baking forums.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.