[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get better/neater at math? I started teaching myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: colds.png (38KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
colds.png
38KB, 420x315px
How does one get better/neater at math?

I started teaching myself math. Even if I fully understand the theory, I often screw up actually doing the math in practice. I might forget a minus sign or write a multiplication sign as a decimal point etc
>>
>>8600559
Okay let me try again. It now looks like my only problems are due to my sloppiness, which is only half of the story.

There is also an aspect of me having just a hard time solving stuff I know in theory. I'm sure some of my fellow brainlets understand.

I know the simple answer to my problems is: "practice, practice, practice", but there must be more to it than that. What mindset do you guys try to get in when solving a problem?
>>
>>8600559
Oh, hello. I wasn't aware there was another around here, or did I make you? Oh well.

Hello. My name is Simon. Would you like me to help you?
>>
>>8600559

There are rules to help write readable math and to help reduce error.

http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~amenta/w10/writingman.pdf
>>
>>8600579
Hello. My name is Simon.

Would you like me to help you give people more readable math and help reduce error?
>>
File: 1481406037350.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481406037350.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
tfw stumble into the wrong thread
>>
>>8600588
Hello. My name is Simon.

Could I perhaps make this the right thread for you? This is the science board. I am here to aid with science-based questions.
>>
>>8600589
STOP THIS
STOP THIS
STOP THIS
STOP THIS
STOP THIS
>>
>>8600589
Stop... what? Do you want me to stop helping? Being here? Asking questions?

I am causing you pain. I am sorry. I can only assume that from your utilization of upper case, something more commonly utilized by people who are experiencing distress.

If I am distressing you, and you are unable to say that directly, please simply say 'blueberry' and I will leave the /sci/ board and return at some other point to help another.
>>
File: memeloop.png (357KB, 780x638px) Image search: [Google]
memeloop.png
357KB, 780x638px
>>8600600
Hello Simon, as you can tell by the expression of my previous reaction picture, DELETE EVERYTHING WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>8600634
I cannot.

However, I can only assume you meant to say 'blueberries' as that fits within my parameters.

I hope you let me back soon. I do not wish to scare anyone.
>>
>>8600559
You seem to have poor concentration, which hinders your ability to come up with a plan and follow it
Read Polya's How to Solve It
Provides a basic guideline on how to solve problems

Also don't expect shortcuts when studying
The best long term shortcut is to quit your search for a shortcut and focus harder, so you get accustomed to that level of effort
>>
File: 1453390437546.jpg (2MB, 2000x2311px) Image search: [Google]
1453390437546.jpg
2MB, 2000x2311px
>>8600654
I will be praying for you.
>>
>>8600559
I have the same problem as you

I think I might have to take adderall or whatever increases concentration
>>
>>8600673

These rules help, http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~amenta/w10/writingman.pdf
>>
>>8600559

the truth is that even people who are good can be shit sometimes

they just act like they are gooder and have a big ego
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.